Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #55
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat View Post
i doubt it!
Damn that's exactly what my wife said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Your car looks great!! Get some yellow fogs. The lenses would look good against the color of your car!

BTW, you'll be better off buying the bezels from your local dealer regardless of what foglamp you go with. There just aren't any "kits" that have the right bezels for us. I came across one ebay kit, but then read that the fitment for the bezel was terrible.
[/IMG]
Thanks for the tip and the part numbers. I think the yellows on your absolutely red looks hot

I think initially I'll stick with the "smoked" theme since I got the windows tinted. However, I think once the wiring (harness, relays, etc.) are installed the lamps seem easy enough to swap so there really is no reason to NOT have 2 sets of them, lol.

(*thanks for the nice pic, managed to photoshop the fogs onto mine for 'visuals')

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #56
Billiam

Drives: '10 White Yaris 4D LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy_toronto View Post
....However, I think once the wiring (harness, relays, etc.) are installed the lamps seem easy enough to swap so there really is no reason to NOT have 2 sets of them...
Oh yes...once the wiring is in place, you can plug-and-play what ever lamp you want. I just wish someone made a decent bezel for the '09+ Hatch...but nothing yet. The dealer is our best option.

Tons of options on ebay. Here's an example of a smoked lamp. ---> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...Q5fAccessories

Lots more here. ---> http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #57
StragglerX

Drives: Yaris Sedan S
ur car look awesome!..i need to grow a pair too and just get those trd red springs. just got my trd swaybar yesterday, installed in 30 mins with no challenge and i'm ready for another upgrade hopefully next weekend. i'm doing all mine with trds coz i like d red accent around d car. update us with d ride quality and if u encounter any rubbings.
StragglerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #58
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Quote:
Oh yes...once the wiring is in place, you can plug-and-play what ever lamp you want. I just wish someone made a decent bezel for the '09+ Hatch...but nothing yet. The dealer is our best option.

Tons of options on ebay. Here's an example of a smoked lamp. ---> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...Q5fAccessories

Lots more here. ---> http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
Thanks for the links. Now I've got my eye on a pair of those white halo projector fog lights -- wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StragglerX View Post
ur car look awesome!..i need to grow a pair too and just get those trd red springs. just got my trd swaybar yesterday, installed in 30 mins with no challenge and i'm ready for another upgrade hopefully next weekend. i'm doing all mine with trds coz i like d red accent around d car. update us with d ride quality and if u encounter any rubbings.
. Thanks, you really should go for it. It wasn't hard at all as long as you have the right tools.

I was going to go with TRDs but I was really looking for the least amount of drop. It turned out the drop is actually almost 1.5" (measured fender to center of wheels, 15" before and now down to ~13.5").

I'm quite happy with it lowered, stance and the ride feel. I doubt I'll have rubbing issues since there's still quite a bit of clearance left between my fender and wheels plus my rims are ET +40. In fact I went with my 3 coworkers for lunch last week (ave. weight is 170lbs/person) and still had room between the fenders/tires.

Anyway, today turned out to be another beautiful afternoon in the city. And while browsing through the forums I came accross this meteorite metallic yarii. So I thought I got some free time... why not give it a shot? So I took a trip down to my local HD to pickup weatherstripping and spent about 2 hours on the car this afternoon. Initially I thought it would look cheap but on the contrary it does NOT look 'ghetto' at all.

Here's what I got and I think I will be keeping it for a little while :)

Click here for higher res image.

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps

Last edited by toy_toronto; 05-30-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #59
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
never been a fan of the home depot lip, but you're pulling it off in the pic
Old 05-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #60
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Can't wait to see your new HID headlights on.

More pics of the HD lip after a car wash. .$14.99 + roll of double-sided tapes

Click here for hi-res shot.

Click here for hi-res shot.

Last edited by toy_toronto; 05-30-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #61
GrimlockGT

Drives: 2009 3DR Blizzard Pearl CE
Quote:
As far as the looks, I didn't expect the subtle changes I made could make such a huge difference. For example, IMO it is much cleaner once I removed the dealer installed side mouldings and hood deflector, and after I debadged the car. It also appears wider ever since I dropped it by only an inch.

Next are some fogs and a rear sway bar then I can say I'm done!
I like the hood deflector. I think the Yaris looks more, dare I say, sporty with it. I also noticed that mine now looks wider too since I dropped it and added 17" wheels.

I got my fog lights from MI and bought the factory bezels from Toyota. They cost almost as much as the fog light kit.
GrimlockGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:52 PM   #62
Billiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlockGT View Post
....factory bezels from Toyota. They cost almost as much as the fog light kit.
Really? How much did you pay? I think I paid $16 per pop. $32 for a perfect fit is worth it to me though. The pic I saw of the one aftermarket '09+ HB bezel that's available looked awful...with gaps along the top.

$32 for bezels + $39 for fogs = $71 total....not bad IMO.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #63
GrimlockGT

Drives: 2009 3DR Blizzard Pearl CE
Quote:
Really? How much did you pay? I think I paid $16 per pop. $32 for a perfect fit is worth it to me though. The pic I saw of the one aftermarket '09+ HB bezel that's available looked awful...with gaps along the top.

I'm embarrassed to say, but each bezel cost me $41 CDN.

If you think that is bad, I was hoping to get the TRD 18" wheels and the dealer quoted me $562 per wheel. I was expecting around $300 per wheel which would have been bad enough.
GrimlockGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:26 AM   #64
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Quote:

Hmm.. why the difference in pricing and how did you get them so cheap?

Normally dealerships charge an arm and a leg.. I would've expected to pay like GrimlockGT for a pair of those shrouds.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:37 AM   #65
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Hmm.. why the difference in pricing and how did you get them so cheap?

Normally dealerships charge an arm and a leg.. I would've expected to pay like GrimlockGT for a pair of those shrouds.

US vs Canada pricing

and/or billy has some connections *nudge*nudge*wink*wink*
Old 05-31-2010, 12:27 PM   #66
Billiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
US vs Canada pricing

and/or billy has some connections *nudge*nudge*wink*wink*
Could be a little of both.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #67
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Billiam, c'mon you must hook me up!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #68
Billiam

Quote:
Billiam, c'mon you must hook me up!
I'm afraid I could easily wear out my welcome concerning my "good deals". But having a good relationship with your local parts department's manager does help.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:01 AM   #69
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Lol, totally understand -- don't ever spoil a good thing going! :)

Old 06-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #70
toy_toronto
always toyin'

I have a running list of things I'm looking to buy, I wonder if anyone here is thinking of unloading theirs before I contact vendors to place my order?

Here are some of the items I'm looking for:

Old 06-03-2010, 02:13 AM   #71
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Quote:
I have a running list of things I'm looking to buy, I wonder if anyone here is thinking of unloading theirs before I contact vendors to place my order?

Here are some of the items I'm looking for:

I think mi has pretty much the best prices youll find for new... good luck finding those used :)

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #72
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
i had the shifter extension

w/o the nst short shifter, you'll hate it....hard to get into 2nd and 4th

i also hated the nst short shift kit as it never felt like it was getting into gear

oem ftw

for the hood seal, just go back to home depot and get some foam and double sided tape