Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #19
malibuguy
Obsessed with 1.5L

Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan
Yeah i drive effeciently lol most people dont want to and them bitch about their gas mileage haha

-10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD
-06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD
-82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap
-97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31
-96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX
-96 Tercel 4dr
malibuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #20
rningonfumes

Drives: Yaris Sedan 5MT
^ +1
Old 02-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #21
J_Lynn
[Space For Rent]

Drives: 2010 LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibuguy View Post
I think we need kei cars here and engine capacity limits. Like daily drivers who commute more then 30 miles to work one way cant have or really need anything above 2.0L.

Trucks would actually have to be used when they are out. No more daily driven trucks and suvs for hauling around 1 person
Yeah, because that is the way it should be.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #22
J_Lynn
[Space For Rent]

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibuguy View Post
Yeah i drive effeciently lol most people dont want to and them bitch about their gas mileage haha
I drive efficiently and there is no way in hell I will ever get 50+ mpg out of my car.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #23
J_Lynn
[Space For Rent]

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
BS. Oil fields are not running dry, we are finding more and more oil every single day. The USA has enough oil to keep it running with no imports for decades.

Plus the oil fields that were capped in the past are filling up. Areas in Cali where they are not allowed to drill for oil have oil literally coming up from the ground.

The only reason gas is as expensive as it is is because of politics. We have someone in office who hates this country, and we have a lot of stupid eco freaks that hate this country as well, and they currently are in control. We need to fight them off and drive them to the fringes, where they belong, and then we can have some sanity again.

Nothing personal, but you don't count. Your gas mileage is so far outlier that you must do things most people simply are not willing to do to get that gas mileage.

Most kei cars have no chance of passing safety standards.

We need less stupid laws, not more laws telling people what they can and cannot do. Freedom is always the answer.
Pretty sure I love you.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #24
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
Sure. They left it to the owners before 1974, and look at what we got: gas guzzling, scary handling, ugly pigs, and we were happy for them because of the chrome ashtrays. Be serious.

And who was selling all that crap to the American public? C'mon, guys, I remember the ads. I also remember buying a couple of Brit cars that wouldn't take two bucks of fuel on a dead-empty tank. Now I drive a Yaris for the same reasons. If I could ditch the overweight body, get rid of 80% of the worthless electronics (I don't need the car to tell me that the seat belts aren't done up, or that a door isn't quite shut), or all of the "required" equipment that isn't found on European or Japanese models, then I would be a happy driver, and the FE would pay off for these deletions. I HAD to take a fancy radio and CD changer which I NEVER use, and tow it around for the rest of the time I own it. C'mon, be serious...
Are you advocating that the government tell us what we want?

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #25
Idahotom

Drives: 2008 5 sp. LB
I just bought a Dodge Cummins diesel 1 ton, for WORK, (not to GET to work) an '87 with 279,000 miles. In an effort to get up to speed on the beast, I've been hanging out on some sites for owners of such, and though I shouldn't be I am astonded at the number who comment that they drive their 6 K pound pickup to work (at the office maybe or maybe not, point is, empty, for "basic" transportation). WTF, it's a free country but mine will be only driven when I absolutely can't cram "it" in my Yaris or All-Trac.
The mid 20's fuel mileage should make it a bit more bearable however! Some are into hypermiling and pushing 30!
Idahotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #26
J_Lynn
[Space For Rent]

The other vehicle I drive is an 07 Dodge Ram 1500, it's the 6sp v6, and gets around 20 - here lately, he's driving my Yaris to/from work because I work from home and it gets better gas mileage, but I drive the truck around town and will pick up feed or potting soil but usually it's empty because I have to just make a quick run to the grocery store or something. Do I care? Nope. Why? Becuase I work 40 hours a week and I'm pretty sure that I don't live in Cuba or China and can drive whatever the hell I want because no one can tell me different. And anyone who thinks that I shouldn't be able to do such things can show up in my yard and tell me their thoughts on the issue - I can almost stand assured because of other rights as I have as an American, they won't stick around there long either ;)

Tree-huggers that tell me I shouldn't be allowed to drive whatever I want not only make me want to drive a f'n tank around just because it's annoying you want to push for me not being able to do anything I want to do, but because they usually live in the city and have no idea how useful a truck can really be.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #27
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lynn View Post
Pretty sure I love you.
There are still a few of us out here with some common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahotom View Post
I just bought a Dodge Cummins diesel 1 ton, for WORK, (not to GET to work) an '87 with 279,000 miles. In an effort to get up to speed on the beast, I've been hanging out on some sites for owners of such, and though I shouldn't be I am astonded at the number who comment that they drive their 6 K pound pickup to work (at the office maybe or maybe not, point is, empty, for "basic" transportation). WTF, it's a free country but mine will be only driven when I absolutely can't cram "it" in my Yaris or All-Trac.
The mid 20's fuel mileage should make it a bit more bearable however! Some are into hypermiling and pushing 30!
This isn't the 1960's any more, we live in a country where our government is killing us with inflation. If those people could buy a car for $2500 they would probably have multiple vehicles, but it isn't. Most people don't want to pay $40k for a car they need and then an additional $15k for car that gets better gas mileage.

Pickup trucks are great vehicles to carry multiple people in and throw crap in when you need to haul stuff as well. A great multiple use vehicle for a person who only wants one vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lynn View Post
The other vehicle I drive is an 07 Dodge Ram 1500, it's the 6sp v6, and gets around 20 - here lately, he's driving my Yaris to/from work because I work from home and it gets better gas mileage, but I drive the truck around town and will pick up feed or potting soil but usually it's empty because I have to just make a quick run to the grocery store or something. Do I care? Nope. Why? Becuase I work 40 hours a week and I'm pretty sure that I don't live in Cuba or China and can drive whatever the hell I want because no one can tell me different. And anyone who thinks that I shouldn't be able to do such things can show up in my yard and tell me their thoughts on the issue - I can almost stand assured because of other rights as I have as an American, they won't stick around there long either ;)

Tree-huggers that tell me I shouldn't be allowed to drive whatever I want not only make me want to drive a f'n tank around just because it's annoying you want to push for me not being able to do anything I want to do, but because they usually live in the city and have no idea how useful a truck can really be.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #28
Idahotom

Drives: 2008 5 sp. LB
I couldn't agree more J Lynn!
Idahotom is offline   Reply With Quote