Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
N9QGS

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to N9QGS Send a message via Yahoo to N9QGS
My other sound, suspension?

Okay I am only going to try to tackle two sounds that are on list list to try to resolve, this sound I occasionally hear (ill hear it more than 3 times on a typical trip) seems like it does it when either car is shifting, or Im turning (like into the driveway) or sometimes an uneven road surface, but its repeatability is poor.

the sound can be heard at http://public.me.com/n9qgs go under Toyota Yaris, and listen to noise.mp3, what you are hearing is me stopping at a stop sign and just as the car comes to a stop, it makes a brief sound that is the same sound I heard sometimes its at a slightly different pitch, sometimes last twice as long. but it strongly sounds like its coming right through the foot area of the passenger seat, like from the wheel well area. its a crunching squeaky chirp but not high in pitch. I've had the suspension checked on more than one occasion everything checked out each time, can anyone shoot an idea of what is making the noise or how to check it or force it to reproduce if it is something that has some excessive wear, I honestly would like to replace it out. I have heard it from the driver side too, but not as much, and also thought I heard it from the rear once or twice, but cant swear to it.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
I hear suspension noises when I hit some bumps or hard cornering with a bump. I think because you have moving parts and rubbing, you're going to get noises, like a creaking sound? I've never considered it a problem.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:26 AM   #3
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
I honestly think you're over analyzing the situation you're in.

please don't take this negatively:
it's a compact economy car. it's going to make noises, things are also going to resonate and be louder, much more so than in a luxury car or even a corolla.

have you tried going to the dealer and asking to test drive to try and reproduce in another car?
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote