Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #19
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
even if you fasten it to your rear seat bar it's still safer and more secure than a CG lock.
More secure, sure. I seriously doubt it's safer. I don't think the OEM seats could handle the downward load that the harnesses would put on the seat-back in a crash. The angle from the back of the seat to the rear seating anchor points is too steep. That's why a harness bar is the so important.

Let's not turn this into a "my solution is better than yours" flame war. I simply posted a small review of a product I feel some people will find helpful. Harnesses are excellent when safely installed, and the CG Lock works very well considering how easy it is to install and how cheap it is. Let's leave it at that.
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #20
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
More secure, sure. I seriously doubt it's safer. I don't think the OEM seats could handle the downward load that the harnesses would put on the seat-back in a crash. The angle from the back of the seat to the rear seating anchor points is too steep. That's why a harness bar is the so important.

Let's not turn this into a "my solution is better than yours" flame war. I simply posted a small review of a product I feel some people will find helpful. Harnesses are excellent when safely installed, and the CG Lock works very well considering how easy it is to install and how cheap it is. Let's leave it at that.
seems like most threads Tamago gets involved in turn into "my solution is better than yours" flame wars..

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote