Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-31-2006, 09:36 PM   #55
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
18" here too... Maybe they're a bit harder to get moving than the stock wheels, I can't really be sure, the stock ones didn't last long

But for style, you can't beat that. And like YarisPR said, it's not a bad idea to have a second set of small, lighter wheels if you plan to go to a track sometime. You'll get better performance and won't need to pay quite as much for new tires

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:11 PM   #56
Yarisik

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I think 17s or 18s look good on the yaris because the body of the car is tall. It compliments the height of the car and it doesn't look too top heavy when you put smaller rims. But smaller rims are the best bet for this economical car. So you gotta ask yourself do you like show or go?
Yarisik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:44 PM   #57
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
I think the 17s look the business on the Yaris and if you get a good quality wheel, you wont have to worry about the bad streets of Toronto or the weight. I live in San Francisco and the streets are tore up. However, I have no worries about a bent wheel because I know I bought quality. That old saying: you get what you pay for, it's true. For a good set of 17s, you should pay at least $1500 US, just for the wheels. And spending more doesn't mean you're not going to bend a wheel if you hit a huge bump and your absorbers bottom. You still need to excercise caution, slow down for bumps. Of course slowing down isn't always an option and that's why you want a quality wheel. If you have to buy cheap wheels, it's a good idea to get something that looks a little more robust. Dont get some sparce looking spider-web string-cheese wheels. Get something with some beefy spokes that look like they structurally reinforce the wheel, because they probably do. There's so much cheap crap out there that looks good, it's tempting. Anyway, get the 17s.
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote