Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-13-2007, 10:36 PM   #55
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
how do you get dior inserts or w/e brand inserts done in a car and how much do those things cost? O_o..........all out of curiousity
Old 05-14-2007, 10:01 AM   #56
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
For the door panel inserts i am going to remove the fabric to get a pattern drawn up..then i am going to source the neoprene.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #57
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
For the door panel inserts i am going to remove the fabric to get a pattern drawn up..then i am going to source the neoprene.
Removing the door panel fabric may be harder than you expect--I worked on mine yesterday and did not even really try to take it off; upholstery adhesive is meant to be permanent. I just laid new fabric over--it smooths out very nicely and fits in all the tight spots no problem. I chose fake suede, which is a bit stretchy...neoprene might be even easier to fit.
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:18 PM   #58
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurokoma-kun View Post
Removing the door panel fabric may be harder than you expect--I worked on mine yesterday and did not even really try to take it off; upholstery adhesive is meant to be permanent. I just laid new fabric over--it smooths out very nicely and fits in all the tight spots no problem. I chose fake suede, which is a bit stretchy...neoprene might be even easier to fit.

So no problem with anything fitting back together with a fabric wrap? Cool. Thats what I really wanted to do instead of removing it altogether.

Does the fabric panel separate from the door panel so you can secure the wrap?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #59
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurokoma-kun View Post
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:28 AM   #60
MrJester

Drives: homo
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleyaris View Post
AGREED
MrJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:55 AM   #61
kurokoma-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
So no problem with anything fitting back together with a fabric wrap? Cool. Thats what I really wanted to do instead of removing it altogether.

Does the fabric panel separate from the door panel so you can secure the wrap?
No problems with fit on my end, but I was using slightly stretchy thin fabric.

No, the fabric panel does not separate. Once you remove the trim pieces and weatherstrip the edges are exposed except on one end--getting fabric wrapped around this end was kind of a bitch too.

People, am I the first to do this? I did search for threads before attempting and only found ones about how to open up the door panel, not the re-covering part. I only did one side, so if others are interested I will take pics and post when I do the other.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:27 AM   #62
MrJester

I would really like to see pics. Havn't seen this done yet so yeah you may be the first. Oh wait I think Violin did it maybe he only did his seats. :) oh well he didn't post pics so post some up.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #63
kurokoma-kun

will do
Old 05-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #64
MrJester

thanks
Old 05-16-2007, 12:37 AM   #65
dvlnblkdrs
Shush!

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris
Send a message via AIM to dvlnblkdrs Send a message via Yahoo to dvlnblkdrs
im not sure how much the dior inserts will cost.. but there are lots of sites they sell authentic designer fabric for vehicle use.... like $30/yd or so... but i know it will be a while til i can afford it.. i think max will be like 5-7k for the whole car...
dvlnblkdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #66
nikki555

Drives: 07 Polar white sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
Here are two pics of the interior but it's in the garge since I haven't taken the car out all day. haha I'll try to get more pics 2m morning before i go school

I really like you didn't paint the side panels.......I think that it just too much. Yours looks great! :) Like the color. I just did mine purple I love it!
nikki555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #67
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki555 View Post
I really like you didn't paint the side panels.......I think that it just too much. Yours looks great! :) Like the color. I just did mine purple I love it!
post some pictures of yours (unless you already have) hehe. I'd like to see. Thanks for the comment and I'm sure yours looks great also
Old 06-28-2007, 07:38 AM   #68
Nigal

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
This is a great mod! Sadly my interior trim already matches my exterior (silver mica). I was thinking that as I introduce new parts onto the car I'd paint them a third color like yellow or red but I don't think there'd be enough showing to warrant painting the trim to match.
Nigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:34 AM   #69
Sway84

Drives: 07 Yaris HB
Send a message via MSN to Sway84
its not that hard if u have the time lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00713.JPG (142.4 KB, 1035 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00770.JPG (137.0 KB, 1033 views)

Ron Cabading
Sway84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:25 PM   #70
dvlnblkdrs
Shush!

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris
Send a message via AIM to dvlnblkdrs Send a message via Yahoo to dvlnblkdrs
damn!!!! how were the pillars to do? rest of it just too much for me i think.. but i do still want to do the pillars and door handle thingies.. the gry just bugs.... did u just pull off and jam back in like most the rest of it, or more difficult??? or maybe u just wanna come to cali & do it for me? lol =oD
dvlnblkdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #71
Sway84

Drives: 07 Yaris HB
Send a message via MSN to Sway84
lol its pretty simple actualy... theres a manual here of how to remove everything and i had a whole day so me and my friend jumped on the opportunity and did it lol... shit man i wish i lived in Cali...beautiful weather beautiful girls... the only thing is with the whole dash head piece you gotta be careful with the airbag on the passenger side.. and the fans on the side... other than that it wasnt complicated for me... although i have been told by some that there are pillar airbags...i didnt see any on mine...

Ron Cabading
Sway84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:51 PM   #72
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
mine didnt come out so well. i wanted a shiny black look and it just didnt happen. i did about 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of gloss black paint, and 3 coats of clear coat. i think i think if i had done fewer coats of something it would have come out fine. now i think i am just going to take it to a body shop or something and pay to have it done.

painting my trim in my garage at night with no ventilation probably didnt help, or the vast summer humidity. my dad told me to do it outside during the day but then dust, dirt, bugs or whatever can screw up the end result.

how much does it typically cost to have about 7 small pieces of interior plastic painted at a shop?

i want anything thats silver painted black. thats the radio, cliamet control trim, shifter trim, door handle trim.
whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote