Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
4000k bulbs?

Hi does anyone here have white/blueish 4000k headlights, I ordered some from my local dealer they are going on tmr and I have no idea how they look.

how powerful are stocks?
Old 10-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
jaimico

Drives: yaris advance
stock are 3,500K, I have 4,350K in my car (sorry have no picks) and yes they, not only look better since it´s not that yellow type illumination from stock, but they are better on the road.
just install one and run the lights, you´ll see it.
jaimico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Alright thanks man I made a good buy then. Still looking for photos.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I would never pay 4 grand for bulbs

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
^ good advice lol
Current Mods: MI Armrest; Full LED conversion (interior and exterior); RS spoiler; Tinted windows; Tanabe DF210 lowering springs; aftermarket door speakers; 12" RF P3 subwoofer with custom box wrapped in Neffy; seat covers; HID 8000K headlights; HID 3000K foglights; 13mm PG hub spacers; muffler delete with dual tip; eyelids; and.. A little red Domo mascot!
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
I would never pay 4 grand for bulbs
Stuff like this seems to be your way of reminding me every 3 days or so why I like you ;b
Old 10-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
<takes a bow>

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #8
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Heres what I go bros.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2aj0yf4.jpg (30.3 KB, 65 views)
Old 10-19-2010, 11:33 PM   #9
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
Very nice, now add some projectors so you dont blind anyone :P
Old 10-19-2010, 11:37 PM   #10
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Thanks man, alot nicer than the stocks.

Thinkin of buying garms white light fog lights kit and paying to get them installed.

Does anyone know how to check if a vehicle has the wiring for fog lights in the first place.

I know garms kit comes with it all but if my car has the wiring apparently I can just do it here.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:42 PM   #11
SimTronik
Machinist

Drives: Yaris sedan 2010
I run Nokyan Cosmic white stage 2 for headlights and fog lights.
My life is better since :P
SimTronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #12
Slick

I know next to nothing about Sedan specifics, however, my liftback was completely bone stock with 0 options and I had the wiring for it.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #13
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

I got the PIAA White Bulbs apparently has a touch of blue.

4000k h4 pretty nice ify ou ask me, got them from the dealer so I got a 1 year warranty on em.

As for Slick- hmm well I got mine everything except power stuff and A/C. I was told to use a knife covered in cleenex on the tip to pop out the fog light plastic and look for something that indicates the wiring but I have no idea what the hell I am looking for exactly lol
Old 10-20-2010, 12:04 AM   #14
Slick

Oh, well Garms liftback kit came with the fog wires that you have to run yourself. Mine had the wires that go through the firewall so that way I wouldnt have to. Toyo added the wires but didnt hook them up to anything. However, it did not have the actual fog light wires that run from the engine bay fuse box to the fog lights.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #15
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Oh, well Garms liftback kit came with the fog wires that you have to run yourself. Mine had the wires that go through the firewall so that way I wouldnt have to. Toyo added the wires but didnt hook them up to anything. However, it did not have the actual fog light wires that run from the engine bay fuse box to the fog lights.
Does that mean with garms kit the dealer still has to pplace something in there? I'm confused lol
Old 10-20-2010, 12:49 AM   #16
Slick

No lol. Garm and another member, 1NZYaris and maybe CTScott I believe, worked on making a total Plug N Play fog system for the Yaris. I dont know for sure if it works for the Sedan in the same way but it probably does. Anyway, before this PnP kit, you would have to run wires through your firewall to get the lights to come on and off. However, the guys figured out that Toyota already installs the wires through the firewall for you. Even if you dont have fog lights, the fuse box connection is already wired which feeds to the steering wheel column connector D4. What Garms kit does is plug into the D4 connector to a switch. His kit also comes with the actual fog light wires that the fogs themselves plug into. That part plugs directly into the fuse box. So Garms kit is total PnP, no stripping, cutting, soldering, etc required. Hope this helps.

Edit: Btw, I know all this because I just finished doing it on my liftback last weekend :) Hopefully another Sedan user can comment on the status of Garms fog kit for the Sedan.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:09 AM   #17
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
No lol. Garm and another member, 1NZYaris and maybe CTScott I believe, worked on making a total Plug N Play fog system for the Yaris. I dont know for sure if it works for the Sedan in the same way but it probably does. Anyway, before this PnP kit, you would have to run wires through your firewall to get the lights to come on and off. However, the guys figured out that Toyota already installs the wires through the firewall for you. Even if you dont have fog lights, the fuse box connection is already wired which feeds to the steering wheel column connector D4. What Garms kit does is plug into the D4 connector to a switch. His kit also comes with the actual fog light wires that the fogs themselves plug into. That part plugs directly into the fuse box. So Garms kit is total PnP, no stripping, cutting, soldering, etc required. Hope this helps.

Edit: Btw, I know all this because I just finished doing it on my liftback last weekend :) Hopefully another Sedan user can comment on the status of Garms fog kit for the Sedan.
You installed em yourself? Damn nice definately getting those next pay then its all my cars missing.