Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-28-2010, 03:24 AM   #1
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Bootlegger's Brewery, Saturday

Bootlegger's Brewery tasting room on Saturday, July 24th, about 4 PM till whenever.
http://www.bootleggersbrewery.com/in...om-update.html

We had a good time! Wish more people came.

1. yaris-me
2. Daddie Y
3. Brian
4. minired5stby
5. BaknBlak
6. KRAZGRL
7. marlondog
8. Superskunked

It was nice to meet some fresh faces and I hope they enjoyed themselves. We had some of the following beers and did some ratings on them.

1. Cream Ale, 7.3%, milk, sugar, vanilla bean. Starts sweet, smooth, mellows out at the end with a vanilla kick. Some said it was like cream soda, but it seemed to be the favorite tonight.

2. Knuckle Sandwich DIPA, 10%. Tangy, citrusy, fruity notes, bold full flavor not too hoppy, late sweet note. This seemed to be the second favorite tonight.

3. 77 Anniversary Ale, 7.7%, Belgian Barley Ale. Clean, full body, not bitter, smooth finish. One said hoppy after bite. This seemed to be the third favorite.

4. Palomino Pale Ale, 6.8%. Smooth, full flavor, no after bite. This was one that many liked.

5. Spring Ale, sage, honey, chamomile, tarragon. Mild, spice and flowery notes, late sweetness. This was liked.

6. Old World Hef, Belgian Hefeweizen. Banana notes.

7. Black Phoenix, chipotle, coffee stout. Dark, hint of smoky, coffee flavor. Some liked it, but it wasn't a favorite.

8. Wild Fire Wheat, smoke hefeweizen. Light, banana notes. One person really liked this.

9. Lemon Grass. Light, subtle, refreshing, smooth, no bitter, easy to drink.

10. Olollie Berry / Acai Lambic. Tart, tangy, sour, apple cider vinegar, dry. The girls liked this.

They had more, and some drank all, but these are the ones that were commented on.

__________________________________________________ __
I went to Bootlegger's Brewery on Saturday, April 24th, and forced myself to choke down 10 samples of their beer.

Their ales, porters and stout are on the bold side, nothing really mild. They do a lot of flavoring and aging. They have no weak largers. The alcohol contents are on the high side, a lot of 7%+ to 10%+, and even 16.5%.

1. Brandy Chaos, Belgian Ale aged in Brandy barrels, 10%+. Intense ale with a brandy flavoring and fizz.

2. Plum Riot, Belgian Ale infused with plums, 7.8%. Sweet like oriental plum wine with hop and fizz, kind of girly.

3. Cherry Chernobyl, Belgian Ale aged in Bourbon barrels and infused with sweet tart cherries, 16.5%. Kicks your ass and is sweet and very cherry, will kick a girls ass.

4. Blackstrap Porter with notes of licorice and blackstrap molasses, 5.8%. You got to be a die hard porter fan to drink this. It was a little too intense for me, but in small amounts, very interesting.

5. Quadrupled, Belgian style quadrupled. Very dark Belgian, and intense flavor, too strong flavor for my taste.

6. Old World Dunkelweizen, German style Dunkel. A Hefeweizen base with a dark color and roasted flavor, on the sweet side with caramel and banana notes. I started off thinking, "What the hell is this!" The first sip just didn't taste like anything I had before, but it grows on you. By the third sip, I thought, "What the F***, this is good." This probably was my favorite for the night.

7. Old World Hefewizen, German style Hefeweizen, 5%. This is a heavy Hefeweizen, not the light stuff you usually get. It is full flavor and strong.

8. Prohibition Mild, English style mild ale, 3.2%. It's light smooth and too easy to drink, maybe girly.

9. 76 Anniversary Ale, English style old ale, 7.6%. This is a strong heavy ale and intense, an ale drinkers delight.

10. California Uber Alles IPA, single hopped west coast style IPA. This is a strong IPA, but with fruity notes. The IPA lovers would love this.

They brew about 25 different ales, porters, stouts and Hefeweizens.

At Doug's Grill I had Golden Chaos, golden ale, 8.5% and Palamino, pale ale, 6.4%. They were very good.

This was an exciting tasting for me. I know that you'll enjoy their beers just as much as I did.

Last edited by yaris-me; 07-25-2010 at 02:28 AM.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
Brian

Drives: '07 Yaris turbo, '11 Juke
Sounds fun. Count me in.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
Daddie Y
Banned

Drives: 2008 VITZ
Woohoo!!! Beer!!! Beer!!! Beer!!! Count me in as well.
Daddie Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
Fury85

Drives: 07' S Sedan
Dammit! I'm out of town that weekend celebrating my birthday a weekend early. Maybe next time.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:07 AM   #5
minired5stby

Drives: Yaris S liftback
The 24th sounds good nothing planned so I'm in.
minired5stby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:05 AM   #6
BaknBlak

Drives: Black '07 HB A
See ya there.
BaknBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:41 AM   #7
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
I'm a maybe

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #8
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Sounds fun. Count me in.
I just checked out your cardomain site. You've done a lot of work and it looks great! You did a good job on the interior, too bad nobody can see. Did you have problems putting in the DC headers? Doesn't look like a match.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:39 AM   #9
Daddie Y
Banned

"BUMP"
Old 07-08-2010, 03:49 AM   #10
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Drives: 09 Yaris 3D; 05 R6; 00civic si
Did I hear "BEER"? This would be a great add to the beer thread I started. lol

I'll have to see what's on the calendar that day... but this would be so awesome!
KRAZGRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #11
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZGRL View Post
Did I hear "BEER"? This would be a great add to the beer thread I started. lol

I'll have to see what's on the calendar that day... but this would be so awesome!
There will be other women, Babbie Y and BaknBlak's wife. Or, bring BF or friend.

Last edited by yaris-me; 07-12-2010 at 03:50 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #12
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
There will be other women, Babbie Y and BaknBlak's wife. Or, bring BF or friend.
Are you saying I wouldn't go by myself if I were the only girl? lol I can handle it.

But yeah, definitely will be there. You can take away the "?" next to my s/n. I may even bring the bf. :)
Old 07-13-2010, 02:54 AM   #13
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZGRL View Post
Are you saying I wouldn't go by myself if I were the only girl? lol I can handle it.

But yeah, definitely will be there. You can take away the "?" next to my s/n. I may even bring the bf. :)
I wasn't sure if you'd be comfortable. I'm glad that you're liberated and independent. I look forward to meeting you.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:52 AM   #14
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
I wasn't sure if you'd be comfortable. I'm glad that you're liberated and independent. I look forward to meeting you.
I appreciate you looking out. I guess it's the years of being into male-dominated things (motorcycles, cars, beer, hockey, you name it) that I have learned to hold my own ground.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
Daddie Y
Banned

[QUOTE=SilverBack;486122]I'm a maybe[/Q

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, MAYBE...
Old 07-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #16
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Quote:
may·be [mey-bee]

–adverb 1. perhaps; possibly.

–noun 2. a possibility or uncertainty.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/maybe

I'm gonna be in the valley at least half the day helping a friend move. If I get out of there in time I'll pop-in. No guarantees.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #17
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ can't be much more clear than that, LOL
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #18
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
WHUUUUUUUUUT
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote