Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-28-2007, 11:30 PM   #55
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
I wouldn't really call those "race tires" most people running A048 are using them up on street/weekend track cars or using them as rain tires for amateur races. If you hangout at the track enough or at the race prep shops your bound to come up with some barely used slicks off some formula cars... I'll let you know next time I find a set
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:39 AM   #56
reznunt
Hi!

Drives: EF Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Z33 View Post
I wouldn't really call those "race tires" most people running A048 are using them up on street/weekend track cars or using them as rain tires for amateur races. If you hangout at the track enough or at the race prep shops your bound to come up with some barely used slicks off some formula cars... I'll let you know next time I find a set
ya, that's what i was looking for, take-offs from a weekend autocrosser that i could possibly use on the street. i have no use for full slicks. but let me know if you see anything that's streetable! tia
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #57
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Z33 View Post
While they might not be race tires, they probably wouldn't be a good choice for me since it's like 50 degrees here in the mornings durring the summer and in the fall, it only gets into the upper 50s. I simply wish Yokohama made the AVS ES100s in that size. Then again, if I could sell my Rays wheels, I might still pick up a set with the Coopers or the Sumitomos. As I mentioned, my Cooper Cobra GTs were a decent daily driver tire.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:22 PM   #58
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

Drives: 2009 Black Pearl Sand 3Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
While they might not be race tires, they probably wouldn't be a good choice for me since it's like 50 degrees here in the mornings durring the summer and in the fall, it only gets into the upper 50s. I simply wish Yokohama made the AVS ES100s in that size. Then again, if I could sell my Rays wheels, I might still pick up a set with the Coopers or the Sumitomos. As I mentioned, my Cooper Cobra GTs were a decent daily driver tire.
You must drive like a NUT!
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #59
Thirty-Nine

Not at all. But the RA1s have an Operating Temperature range from 140°F to 220°F, optimum around 200°F. This means you have to get them pretty warm to have any good grip. I want tires that are going to handle well without having to warm them up. For me, RA1s are not great daily driver tires. Yet, the Cooper Cobras don't provide enough grip for the occational autocross or "spirited driving" run.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:34 PM   #60
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

Drives: 2009 Black Pearl Sand 3Dr
I guess that's probably why most people have spare wheels for AutoX. It's hard to find a good mix of long lasting/sporty tires.
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #61
Thirty-Nine

I don't know if I'd say most people have take-offs for autocross. I think it's fair to say some people do, especially people that are really into it. I'm not a hard-core autocrosser, though. I do like to take my daily driver around the track a few times, but don't want to invest the money into dedicated wheels and tires, which is why I look for a good balence. Plus, i don't want to run "marshmellows" on the street, either. I want something that'll be okay for everyday use and spirited driving plus the occational autocross. I'm rambling.

I will say this: Cooper Cobra G/Ts are by far NOT the worst tire I've ever owned. Ditto with Sumitomos (granted, I had the HTRZII which was a z-rated compound, and not an all-season tire).
Old 02-27-2009, 11:39 PM   #62
2006fronty

Drives: 2010 Mazda3 iTouring
I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead lol. Any updates on the Lenso VPD wheels 03Z33? I wouldn't mind getting a set since they're pretty cheap. Do you have any more pictures of them on the Yaris? Reznunt's pics don't show up anymore This is the only other pic I can find
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8-25-07-lenso04.jpg (43.2 KB, 165 views)
Old 02-27-2009, 11:48 PM   #63
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Here's one pic of his car, kinda dark so hard to see the tires:

Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #64
Mouse

Drives: 2007 MX5
The problems with the Lenso VPD is that they bend easily and are only recommended for racing. They can't hold up to daily driving.....from what I've heard other people tell me.
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #65
Mouse

Drives: 2007 MX5
I'm bringing this back from the dead....Any more pics of the VPD's on the yaris? And before anyone tells me to search....I did. The only pics I can see are the ones of mojoyaris and the pic that 2006fronty posted above. I would like to see more pics of them on daily tires not race rubber.
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #66
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Sorry, not that I've seen. I do have pics of Compomotives 13x9 on my car (with race rubber), and I have a set of V2's (13x8) in stock.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #67
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Sorry, not that I've seen. I do have pics of Compomotives 13x9 on my car (with race rubber), and I have a set of V2's (13x8) in stock.
What color are those , I remember them being flat black ??? also Pm me a price for said wheels , been looking for the lightest/cheapest wheels for auto-x and these fit the bill perfectly
Old 03-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #68
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
they are about $155 each. Matte or Satin black is closer, is has a little bit of shine in it.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote