Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-08-2018, 05:37 AM   #1
Rich_UK

Drives: Yaris mk1 & Yaris mk2
Warm air from vents

So we have a Yaris mk2 (also a Mk1 !!)
on the mk2 it has cliemet controls and setting the temp to low < 16C the air from the vents is still very warm?? now the air con has decompressed and isn't currently working but I assumed the air from the vets would be from outside like the mk1 but it still takes warm air from the engine? is this normal... this would mean you need air con on all the time to get the temp same as outside? in-order counteract the warm air it produces....

I've tried the recirculate and air from outside button but its still warm its heat from the engine...?
Rich_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
Rich_UK

Bump:

No one knows?
Still getting hot air from vets irrelevant of temp setting high or low ?
Old 09-14-2018, 09:17 AM   #3
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
First thing to check is the cable running from your temp control, if it is not properly connected then you won't have any change in temp
Old 10-04-2018, 03:30 AM   #4
Rich_UK

Thanks,
Found the issue, its not cable but electronic...It has climate control! and the mixer servo attaches to a flap which I assume covers either the aircon matrix or heater matrix well seems this flap should have a D shaped shaft which is doesnt looks like its been snapped off and a screw rammed through the centre and gear from the servo!!! which has now dropped out... cowboys!

My next task is to find out how hard it is to remove the bottom of the dash around the heater but before locate the flap apart number in the heater box before I start :(