Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-14-2017, 10:47 PM   #37
CincyC6

Drives: 2008 / 2011 / 2012 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodginsa View Post
Daily/business courier. Haha

Main reason, truck frame is rusty and I want to repair it. So this is replacing it in the meantime.

Second reason, I did a very successful kickstarter recently and I have thousands of packages to ship. I love about 1.5hr from border and shipping the in US will save me thousands of dollars. I wanted A small hatch that was cheap on gas that could haul the packages. Plus it doesn't hurt that I love small hatches.

I really just want to get it to "Stage 0" and clean it up so it's a nice comfy car. The truck is far from comfy. However often I can't help myself so I may do small things to it here or there.
My side gig is a courier, and these cars are absolutely the way to go. My last car made it 344k trouble free miles, and was only put down due to a car accident.

My advice, carry a full size spare, cordless impact and floor jack. Aside from that, inspecting the serpentine belt, these things are bulletproof
CincyC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:56 AM   #38
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
Wow that was one of those basic Festiva's ever made. Zero options. No radio, no a/c, no nuttin. That's so damn cool. My dad had one brand new back in 1991 I think. His was white but it had a few options... am/fm radio, power steering, an "upgraded" interior (more cloth and less plastic/vinyl), motorized seat belts, and I think that was it. It was an awesome car back in the day.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:36 PM   #39
hodginsa

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 2DR Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyC6 View Post
My side gig is a courier, and these cars are absolutely the way to go. My last car made it 344k trouble free miles, and was only put down due to a car accident.

My advice, carry a full size spare, cordless impact and floor jack. Aside from that, inspecting the serpentine belt, these things are bulletproof
Definitely good idea. Was planning on full size for sure.
Ill check out the serp. belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
Wow that was one of those basic Festiva's ever made. Zero options. No radio, no a/c, no nuttin. That's so damn cool. My dad had one brand new back in 1991 I think. His was white but it had a few options... am/fm radio, power steering, an "upgraded" interior (more cloth and less plastic/vinyl), motorized seat belts, and I think that was it. It was an awesome car back in the day.
Ha thats awesome. If only we had the room to keep every car that was ever owned by our family. One of the hardest things in life.

Oddly enough, I think mine had a radio installed and dealer installed A/C. Or at least some part of its life it had A/C installed. I had to recharge it but the A/C still worked. This one had the power seat belts, but I replaced them with manual during plans to import to Canada.
hodginsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:49 PM   #40
hodginsa

Got the interior back in so I can go get an etest/safety, seats aren't really cleaned, but I'm going to take it to a detailing place for that. Smells a lot better already, helps that everything is covered in wd-40.

Did a junkyard run on Saturday and found an 07 4dr Yaris in bad front end/side swipe. Got some missing interior parts so I also installed:
- passenger visor(last one was broken off)
- new vents over radio(last one was broken)
- shift knob, from a Camry I think.

How does the stock shift boot attach to the center console? It came detached when I bought the car and it doesn't seem to have any way of attaching it back on.

I still need a new center console and shift boot, the rubber part for the clutch pedal.
The shifter also seems to creek moving it back and forth(like from 2nd to 4th gear), I added some new grease around but its still there.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:55 PM   #41
hodginsa

Airbag light is on. Tried clearing the codes, left with 51.

The clock spring.

Its available for recall so my toyota dealer will install a new one, plus the passenger airbag is on recall too so Ill get them both done at the same time.

Thats the only thing it needed for safety. Just waiting on that.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:04 AM   #42
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

Drives: '09 3-door 5-speed
There's also the recall for the seat tracks, and a recall for the seatbelt pretensioners, but it looks like you can skip the power window master switch recall.
scratchpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #43
hodginsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchpaddy View Post
There's also the recall for the seat tracks, and a recall for the seatbelt pretensioners, but it looks like you can skip the power window master switch recall.
Haha, yeah I called and they said that and I was like, you don't have to do that, no power windows. But I guess they have to look anyway. They didn't mention the seatbelt pretensioners for my car. Just the seat track, passenger airbag, and the clock spring.

Going to drop it off at Toyota on Tuesday.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:11 PM   #44
hodginsa

Radio came today.

What are the extra connectors for?

Feels good to have music.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:38 AM   #45
David C

Drives: White '07 3dr LB
If you want, I have a driver seat for sale from the same model as yours. Might also sell the front passenger one. I'm in Montreal, although I'm heading down to Toronto in a few weeks.
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:40 AM   #46
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Nice radio installation! Perfect fit. Looks good.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #47
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
The extra connector I believe is for the aux port and maybe the speed sensor signal for the automatic volume the stock radios have.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:10 AM   #48
hodginsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
If you want, I have a driver seat for sale from the same model as yours. Might also sell the front passenger one. I'm in Montreal, although I'm heading down to Toronto in a few weeks.
How much? I would love that. These ones are awful, soaked in coffee on center side bolster(on both) and seem basically uncleanable without some sort of steam machine.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:13 AM   #49
hodginsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Nice radio installation! Perfect fit. Looks good.
Thanks! Cheapest one with Bluetooth I could find, and came with the wiring and install kit for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
The extra connector I believe is for the aux port and maybe the speed sensor signal for the automatic volume the stock radios have.
Hmm interesting, those could be useful. Is there a dimmer light wire? Thats what I really want, this blue is kind of bright at night, and kind of dim during the day. There is a timer setting, but the sun seems to set at different times of the year for some reason.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:29 AM   #50
David C

Drives: White '07 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodginsa View Post
How much? I would love that. These ones are awful, soaked in coffee on center side bolster(on both) and seem basically uncleanable without some sort of steam machine.

I have a thread in the item for sale forum.

$125/each. I haven't removed my passenger one yet, but might do if it sells.
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #51
hodginsa

Found some Winter rims. Say Nissar R on them, correct centerbore, 15x6 ET45.

Also fixed the door, in a weird way, ill post some pics soon.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:42 AM   #52
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Nice projet

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2017, 01:09 AM   #53
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Very nice "winter" wheels.