Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-25-2018, 01:12 PM   #1
seatech30

Drives: Yaris 2008 Sedan
Question Back seat removal, 2008 Sedan

Hello Everyone,

I decided to toy around with removing my back seat to gain more storage space and possibly a sleeping area for an upcoming road trip.

My overall goal is to flatten the back area up to the center console. I may remove the center console, but not sure if that is completely possible. Anyone know what is on the bottom portion of the center console? I'll be leaving the seat frame in to support a platform made with plywood sheets maybe? I'll use the sound mat from this post to go under the plywood to hopefully cut down on noise. I'll probably add some hinges to use the feet area as storage or folded back to be covered and made to look like a normal seat for stealth.

I was able to find this, but unfortunately all the pictures are no longer showing. I struggled to take out the bottom cushion (bench), but finally got it off without breaking it. Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone ever found out if the steel bar behind the seats is critical. In the post I linked, it seemed the consensus was if it was then I wouldn't be able to remove it. I looked through the manuals and I found out it is a CRS (child restraint system.) I haven't been able to find any torque specs for the bolts holding these in. Would be nice to have in case I put this back together.

I also removed the bolts on the seat frame while trying to figure out how to remove the bench/cushion, anyone have the torque spec for those? They were pretty hard to remove with my small wrench, so I'm assuming it's around 40Nm or more.
seatech30 is offline   Reply With Quote