Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-02-2014, 11:11 PM   #1
MoneyT8

Drives: White Yaris Sedan
Does a 2007 Yaris have a Camber Kit?

Hello, my shop told me that I needed a camber kit for the front right side at -.09 of my 2007 Yaris which would cost me approximately $190 than the salesperson tried to convince to do the alignment anyways without the camber kit at around $90 I choose the ladder. I bought my own camber kits online but can't for the life of me figure out how to install them so I was thinking about taking them to a shop to install them but now I'm just plain confused. I was thinking about just getting the alignment without the camber kit than get some new tires.

What are some good camber kits and do we really need one?

Thanks in advance.
MoneyT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:45 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
If you're adjusting camber to within +/- 1.5°, you can get OEM camber bolts for a few dollars each. Check the downloads section and get the section for suspension. There's a table in there that shows which bolts you need for any given range of adjustment.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:24 AM   #3
MoneyT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
If you're adjusting camber to within +/- 1.5°, you can get OEM camber bolts for a few dollars each. Check the downloads section and get the section for suspension. There's a table in there that shows which bolts you need for any given range of adjustment.
Where is the download section? I bought the Moog 90475; it's basically just a nut and bolt but isn't there more to it? how difficult is it to install on our own or would it be better to bring it into a shop? The shop told me that they can possibly adjust my current camber from -0.9 to possibly -0.5? Thanks.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #4
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
My apologies--I thought they were hosted here, but they've been moved to another site. You need to be a registered member to access them, but it's worthwhile.

http://microimageonline.com/forums/f...-DOWNLOAD-ZONE

As far as the parts, the "crash" bolts you bought have that eccentric cam that allows you to adjust the camber by turning the bolt. The OEM ones just have different sized diameters so that the hub can be tilted farther before being tightened down. In either case, you really need to have an alignment machine to get it dialed in right.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #5
MoneyT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
My apologies--I thought they were hosted here, but they've been moved to another site. You need to be a registered member to access them, but it's worthwhile.

http://microimageonline.com/forums/f...-DOWNLOAD-ZONE

As far as the parts, the "crash" bolts you bought have that eccentric cam that allows you to adjust the camber by turning the bolt. The OEM ones just have different sized diameters so that the hub can be tilted farther before being tightened down. In either case, you really need to have an alignment machine to get it dialed in right.
Thanks; one last question. I had a relative take a look at my car trying to find the area to install the Moog 90475, however they couldn't find it so where exactly is the front camber in a 07 Yaris? I tried finding it myself and I saw a nut and bolt, however still not to sure if that is the camber.