Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-20-2017, 04:53 PM   #19
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
Fuel Injector Control Module connector open circuit

I'd want to find connectors involving wiring of the Fuel Injector Control Module. In case the problem returns. Which connectors and wires to wiggle a bit.
Hidden spring-claws and stiffly together connectors, no two on the car the same, invite rough treatment in opening. Maybe thing I dislike the least about Toyotas I've owned. Wait until you hear the Module-Madness Yaris taillight connector/wiring problem I plan to share soon.
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:04 PM   #20
robkay

Drives: Hatch
OK, back to (hopefully) wrap this up. Since my last post the car has continued to start and run great. But, as a precaution, I drove the car up to my favorite shop. The did a full head to toe inspection keeping an eye out for anything that might have caused my starting problem or generate that U0105 code. They found nothing.

The guys were all puzzled over that code. The owner, who is an older guy and has worked on a ton of Toyota's, could only say that with today's computerized electronics in cars, he has seen rare instances where something fluky like this happens out of the blue. It seems to just go away and not happen again--or at least for a long time. He likened it to our home computers that sometimes start to act strangely and just have to be rebooted.

Was there a cause? Well, there had to be. But, whatever it was, it seems to be gone now.
robkay is offline   Reply With Quote