Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Yaris on moving day

Using a Yaris on moving day is like taking a knife to a gun fight. My wife and I closed on her new dream house Thursday. The first thing I did was park the Yaris. Spent the weekend with my truck and other friends trucks moving a bunch of the small crap. The movers are coming tomorrow to get the big and real heavy stuff. The good news is that I now have a 3 car garage and maybe a place to park the Yaris in the winter. I have come a long way since 1975 when I packed everything I owned in the back of a suburban and went off to college.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
PreciousPups4U
I really LOVE this car!!!

Drives: 08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Congrats on the house and the 3 car garage. I would think a garage would almost be required in Colorado. Most people around here use their garages to store junk and park the cars in the yard. LOL! Of course we don't get snow.

My daughter is starting her first year of college at the end of the month. We are loading up the Excursion and then the adventure begins. Sounds a lot like your story.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

PreciousPups4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
gokartride

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3-Door Liftback
I didn't move in my Yaris, but in a car very much like it. It was truly impressive. I found that the car would hold just about as much as I could carry upstairs before I collapsed in complete exhaustion. Perfect!!!!!!
gokartride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
It took 2 weeks and today I am finally able to get the cars in the garage. I need a tough shed out back for some lawn stuff. I still have more tools and need to set up a workshop in the basement for me and a stain glass shop for my wife.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New house 019.jpg (197.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg New house 025.jpg (104.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg New house 022.jpg (104.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg New house 027.jpg (117.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg New house 036.jpg (91.5 KB, 24 views)