Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Are there exhaust systems from engine back to tip?

Hi there, I've had my Stock 07 Yaris 3-door HB (manual transmission) for a couple years now and love it. I'm wanting to give it a little more "oomph". I'm not much of a mechanic, I've not done too much to a car except for change oil, brake pads, rotate tires, change dirty air filter, etc. (what I would call minor things).

From what I can tell most people here basically end up mixing and matching headers, middle parts, mufflers, resonators etc. Is there any kind of "hobbyist" full exhaust system kits out there that I could put on myself that would increase performance?

The reason I want to do the whole system is, from what I have gathered, if you don't your not really improving performance unless you remove the flow restrictions from the entire system.

Or, if there are not "All-in-one" kits out there, are there brands of each part I should be looking at for "bolt-on" ease of installation?

On a side note, are the "$50" cold air intake systems on ebay worth anything as far as adding performance?

Thanks for any info!
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
yariphilia

Drives: 08 lb
ive been looking into this myself and only found one "all-in-one" system from obx. i dont know anything about the quality but they offer headers and a "cat back" that looks to really be a header back exhaust cutting out all 3 cats and using a resonator of their own... ive only read reviews from other car sites like a mini forum and they say that the price is right for the quality...
yariphilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Is this ebay auction what you are talking about? I don't see any headers in the picture but it looks like everything else tho. Very cheap too. Not sure I want to delete my catalytic converter just from an environmental standpoint. However, the Nitto Mid-pipe and axel-back I was looking at on Microimage deleted it as well. Unfortunately for a guy with two kids in private school $440 for the Nitto setup might tak eme a while to save up for. :(

Last edited by Shinare; 09-29-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote