Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
Car got stuck in gear?

I have the NST in cabin ssk, and the engine bay ssk both installed, but i do not have the bracket. (will be getting soon)

I was backing out of a parking spot, went to put it in first, and it didn't come out of gear. the stick itself felt almost like it was in neutral, but it was still stuck in R. then a little later it got stuck in 4th.......

what do you guys think could be my issue, here? other than that, it drives fine, its not grinding any gears, it just feels like its having trouble selecting, like the cables might be binding somehow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
If you don't have the bracket, the cables will be slightly bent, possibly making them bind up. I would poke around under the hood and see if one of your retaining pins has come loose, or if there is excessive wear on the engine bay SSK. I'm not familiar with the details of the in-cabin, but the set screw on that may have come loose too.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote