Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
skeck
keckbot

Drives: 2007 Blazin' Blue Liftback
Foglight Install Help...Please!

I purchased a set of Spyder brand OEM "Style" Fog Lights for my Liftback, but using the six different sets of installation instructions I have found online from everyone, I still can't make sense of what I have. Right now I have the lamps installed in the bumper, the lamps grounded and I connected the fog lamp wiring and ran it up to the fuse box. Here is where my problem starts...

1. Everywhere that I have read, I hear them talk about two wires to go into the fusebox, yet I only have one?
2. Should I get a single to two wire connector or should I just plug it into pin two or three?
3. Also the end of the power wire from the fogs has an attachment on the end that will not fit in the pin locations for 2 or 3, does anyone know where I can find terminal pins to fit my fuse box?
4. Furthermore, I have read everywhere that I should basically get rid of the relay that came with the kit and cut the wires out of it and leave them of course plugged into the switch then go right to the D4 connector? Again the problem presents itself of having the right connectors to go into the D4 connector for my wires, where do i get these and are they the same as the ones I mentioned previously?

I did go ahead and order the recommended OEM Toyota Relay for the Fogs, so I am waiting on that before I attempt to finish the job. But, before that arrives I need to try to get these questions answered with your help...

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide to help me answer these questions.

First picture is the relay, switch, blue connector (ground I am assuming), and red and black wire (both to D4 connector?)

Second picture is the leftover cord from the fog assembly in my hood, which I am assuming goes into the fuse box pin 2 or 3?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fog light relay and switch.jpg (42.4 KB, 439 views)
File Type: jpg fog light connector for fuse box.jpg (27.6 KB, 346 views)

Last edited by skeck; 08-30-2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Clear up what is exactly that I need help with
skeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
spiceyhotwings

Drives: 2009 Yaris RS 5 door
Is this part a fuse?

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads...01%20190-1.pdf Does anyone know if the part (N) on page 7 of 35 is a fuse? I fried my fog light relay and have checked all the fuses and still can't get them to work. I was wondering if part (N) was a fried fuse and if I replaced it would it get my fogs back running. BTW skeck this link might help you.Thanks
Old 09-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
skeck
keckbot

Thanks Spicey, this is what i needed...I am giving it a go on Friday since I got the official toyota relay from ebay a few days ago...much obliged.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
spiceyhotwings

Drives: 2009 Yaris RS 5 door
Keep us updated!

Last edited by spiceyhotwings; 09-08-2011 at 02:24 AM.
spiceyhotwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
skeck
keckbot

Installed...finally! Had a friend of mine who is an Engineer figure it all out for me, we scrapped the directions and let's just say they work prefectly, come on when parking lots are on, the foglight sign lights up on my dahs when they turn on and the switch works beautifully as well and the light to the switch turns off whent he lights are off as well.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Did you need the Toyota Relay to make it work? I have the exact same kit as you and I'm still researching before attempting to install.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
skeck
keckbot

Yes, I found one dirt cheap on ebay (the relay)