Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #37
Keith Tinari
Scrubble with a poke.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous user View Post
If it were completely safe, why can't you use it at 100% strength, undiluted then? That was what i was referring to. Why even take a chance? I mean it costs us $500 in shipping to get wheels to my location, then on top of that another $700-$900 per wheel, you do the math. Why would one EVEN bother to take a chance with the product? That was my point.

because its made to be used on anything, thats why you get to dilute it to what you need it for. Seriously, at the rate my bottles are diluted to, you could drink it and probably not get the shits lol. Just dont forget I have white wheels with alot of spokes, I'm just trying to clean them as easily as possible.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #38
eijikikimaru
Q(','Q)

Drives: 3dr Meteroite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post

LoL not to be bashing on only CaliYaris, it's to all(even me :p) but I hate when there's a problem and the help given is in a half-@$$ attempt . I'm sure the OP try the website but couldn't find an answer. Either the OP miss the info or the info the OP is looking for is in tiny font( less distracting for online visitors)

As for the OP:
There's no need to bash so harshly on a well known company who have been helping the automotive community with an alternate set of wheels.

I had my set of Konig Feathers for over 2yrs now and I haven't had any problems with the clear coat/paint flaking. Like someone said earlier it's probably a bad batch since you're not the only one with the same Make and model with this problem.

Now just a theory, but I know in California and other places in the US nation, the paint on cars are different now a days. Something about being more eco-friendly. My reference are from the tv shows about restoring/fixing/pimping cars. Anyways could it be possible that wheel manufacturers are also painting their newer rims with the same eco-friendly paint. If so could the degreaser, Simple Green, has something in it to break up the paint in the new wheels? Could it be possible that the degrease company hasn't upgraded their product to compensate these new paints?

Someone else mention something about the stress and stuff. I'm don't know too much about it but I get the concept. That could have been the problem or a contributor.
eijikikimaru is offline   Reply With Quote