Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-16-2017, 12:38 PM   #1
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
Yaris Fleet

So after shuffling some ideas through my head, I've decided to switch things around a bit. The ol' Shadow convertible and the xA will be finding new homes as did my V6 Camry. So here's what will be staying here, not including my beater truck.

The blue 07 5 speed was purchased from nearby Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs. Guy was moving out of the country so I got that thing for really cheap. It's taken over the role of a project car that my daughter and I want to modify and take to local autocross events. She picked this over keeping the Dodge... smart kid. I have some before pictures and it wasn't too pretty... being in the city damaged the front end so I replaced everything up front pretty much and had to have a frame shop straighten out the passenger side frame horn.

The black 16 L 5 speed I bought new. It doesn't see much action because I almost never drive myself around when it's not for work related stuff. Plus, it's getting put up for the winter so it doesn't have to take the abuse of salt. I love this thing but I kinda wish it was a four door so that way we could use it more often for family outings. It's been getting some leftover micro image parts and other things to make it nicer to drive.

The gray 13 LE was just purchased from a small dealer nearby here for a really good deal. It will be taxi cab #2 after I get the weathertech mats and rear bumper protector I ordered for it.

The silver 14 LE I've had over a year now. It's taxi cab #1. Besides the front bumper being a piece of crap and the carpeting being stupid, it's been 100% reliable and trustworthy.

Finally, the blue 12 L is my wife's everyday car. That was also purchased for a good deal from a small dealer. It's been a great car and we usually use that when the three of us go somewhere together.

Now I just need to replace this horrible onslaught of crappy steel wheels and plastic wheel covers. Yuck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lots of Yaris.jpg (438.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Lots of Yaris 2.jpg (389.9 KB, 65 views)
Old 09-16-2017, 01:29 PM   #2
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Awesome! I think you need to build a nice ranch fence around your property to coral your cars.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:30 PM   #3
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
wow nice lookin' fleet

justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:36 PM   #4
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Probably the single best fleet / fleet pic I've seen to date. Cincy has had some good ones, but this takes the Yaris cake!

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:39 PM   #5
scylla

Drives: 2015 Yaris L
Lol, Machesney Park. Right next to Loves Park, one of my favorite places I have ever been to. Was born there and never miss a chance to visit.

Almost everyone I know hates Rockford with a passion, but I always feel a sense of peace whenever I drive into that city. Strange as it may seem they are my type of people.

BTW, I am also looking for wheels to replace my steelies and fellows in the know tell me LKQ Rockford has stacks of used wheels. I will be checking those boys out myself. Get some old ones and refurb them.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #6
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
Thanks for the compliments! The little Yaris really grew on me enough where I figured it was worth replacing the various vehicles I've had with them. I really like practical fun to drive little hatchback cars. It's a damn shame that Toyota doesn't sell any of the "nicer" ones over here like they do in Japan/UK/etc. I'd have bought that GRMN Yaris if it came out here in a heartbeat.

You know, Rockford does kind of suck but it's not the worst place to be. I work out in Chicago and I wouldn't want to live in that madhouse.

As for LKQ, good luck with that. They want a fortune for wheels and they won't let you loom at the aluminum piles they have.