Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
dragoonmc

Drives: 07 hatchback
Spongey brake feel

Hey guys,
I have noticed that my brakes seem to have a lot of travel and not a really solid feel like my friend's car does.

It seems like there may be a vacuum leak as when I first push the pedal it pumps up early then slowly sinks with the same amount of pressure applied.
I saw there were a few reports of leak brake boosters on here and was wondering if it was actually in the booster or in a line going to it that might be repairable some how.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonmc View Post
Hey guys,
I have noticed that my brakes seem to have a lot of travel and not a really solid feel like my friend's car does.

It seems like there may be a vacuum leak as when I first push the pedal it pumps up early then slowly sinks with the same amount of pressure applied.
I saw there were a few reports of leak brake boosters on here and was wondering if it was actually in the booster or in a line going to it that might be repairable some how.
air in brake line also ur rear drums out of adjustment is few possibilities i would look at first...bleed ur brakes adj rear and go from there.
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:28 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
^Exactly. A leaky booster would make them harder to press, rather than spongy. The rears are probably the culprit. I noticed the same on the one that I recently rebuilt and bleeding had no effect. Adjusting the rears completely cured it.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:36 PM   #4
donmulloy
I've made a post!

Drives: 2009 yaris 4dr hatchback
where can you get good front seats for a 2009 yaris 5 door hatchback
donmulloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #5
Brett!

Drives: 2010 3D base
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmulloy View Post
where can you get good front seats for a 2009 yaris 5 door hatchback
You may have ended up in the wrong thread... in any case I'd check eBay for aftermarket seats. The stock seats leave a lot to be desired. I like how simple they are to clean, but I feel like I'm getting a hemorrhoid after driving around all day
Brett! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
dragoonmc

Drives: 07 hatchback
Just thought I would follow up.
I replaced the rear drums as I couldn't adjust them much tighter do to them being warped. After that I adjusted so they just touched in 1 spot and my brakes feel much better. Thanks for the advice guys. I will completely bleed them this summer when I have some time to make sure the fluid is still good as I bet it is still original fluid