Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-23-2018, 03:56 AM   #1
usmanimtiaz

Drives: yaris 2008
Toyota Yaris 2008 Starting problem

I have this situation where I can not figure out what’s wrong with my car nor the mechanics i’ve been to every time i go to a mechanic they tell me different stories and ask me to change different parts. I have toyota vitz/yaris 2008 when i start it in the morning or after few hours it takes very long time to start i can hear it struggling and sometimes it starts on second or third try. I’ve been to three mechanics and each told me different story and made me replace different parts.
I've asked them to check the airflow sensor they said its fine.
two days back I changed the fuel filter suggested by one of the mechanics and he said drive it for few hours and It'll get back to normal but it didn't work. (he replaced fuel filter and checked the motor which was working fine)
Yesterday I replaced all the plugs and cleaned the intake of fuel and oxygen, nothing's changed with the starting.

Here's a youtube link to a video i created showing the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3EoYK3RZFI

if anyone can tell me what i should ask my mechanic to look for, or anyone fixed similar problem that would be really helpful. thank you in advance.
usmanimtiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:00 AM   #2
atomic_hoji

Drives: 2018 Yaris SE 5MT
Have you checked the battery? If you can borrow a known good battery and it starts easily, then time for a new battery - if you haven't tried it's easy to do and will save a trip to mechanic. Just a thought..

-- Adam
atomic_hoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:31 PM   #3
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
ok. did your mechanic to a fuel pressure test? that should be the first thing. the next would be to leave it hooked up (gauge) over night, and see if it looses pressure. there might be a injector that has debris in it and can't fully close. the fuel system looses pressure when not running.
how does it run after starting?
any fault codes?
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
starting / ignition, toyota, yaris