Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #1
vitz123

Drives: Toyota Vitz
Angry Electrical Fault (smartkey problem)

I have a 2nd Generation/2008 Vitz (4 door Hatchback), Automatic.... Has all the bells and whistles, Push Start, SmartKey Access, The car had a previous owner so dont really know the history of it.

Anyways car has some electrical faults, the least bothering problem. The interior accessory panel lights (the lights in the CD player/Ac controls), sometimes at night they don't light up as you turn on the headlamps as they should. Then when i fiddle with the light controls, toggle the light switches, the the panel lights up.

Now moving to the main problem :'(, The car has Smart Key, the doors unlock when you touch the back of the door handle and lock upon pressing the button on the door handle. The system works flawlessly on the driver side door, The car unlocks and locks all 4 doors.

But on the passenger door, the door handle simple doesn't respond, it wont unlock the car nor will the button lock it. The system doesnt work from the passenger door. Meanwhile the power windows and central locking does work on the passenger door.

When i got the car, The turning indicator in the left side mirror was also not working, I thought it would be a simple indicator replacement job. I removed the side mirror, Just out of curiosity i checked the turn signal directly on a 12 volt battery, the indicator was fine, The socket and wires all seem fresh and intact, there is no current in the socket where it should be to light up the indicator,
Mirror adjustment works perfectly, the side mirror also auto closes, the issue is just with the turn signal.

I feel as though this issue and the proximity sensor issue is connected as they are both in the left door. Any help would be appreciated,

What can be the issue?

Last edited by vitz123; 07-18-2016 at 10:39 AM. Reason: updated information
vitz123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, fault, smartkey, yaris, yaris 2008