Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
Frankd1

Drives: 2008 RS, 5spd
I lost my master keyless entry key, need suggestions....

I happened to lose the key with the keyless entry buttons built in (lock/unlock/panic).

I still have the other black master key (with no keyless buttons) as well as the grey key (valet?) and the metal tag with the number code on it...

These two keys work fine for unlocking and locking at the door and starting the car but when I called the dealer they said it would be $240 to $270 to replace the keyless entry master plus $49 to program it, cut it and to also reprogram the other two keys that I have.

They said that the keys have a chip in them because the car has an engine immobilzer but no actual alarm system except for the horn honking and lights flashing.

If I decide to replace the keyless entry fob, and the original key turns up in the grocery store lost and found the dealer said it would no longer work because the other keys and the cars computer have been reprogrammed......is this correct?

I really don't want to spend that kind of money to replace the key so I found a company on ebay called midwest keyless that sells these fobs, they look just like the OEM.......any idea if these would work? Would the dealer be able to program it?

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!
Frankd1 is offline   Reply With Quote