Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #145
kimjo

Drives: 2007 HB Yaris
Well we just finished installing the cruise control. It took a total of 2 1/2 hours including the test drive. It probably would have taken less but we triple checked everything. Can't be too careful.

eBay stalk $30 with shipping
Wires from Scott with the correct ends $10 (but really priceless also)
Saving $360 and doing it ourselves. Priceless

Thanks to everyone here on YW for sharing all you learn.
kimjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #146
DSprague

Drives: 2010 Yaris sedan black
Ok, picked up my new 2010 Yaris sedan yesterday with no power package. What Toyota part #s do I need to install factory CC with the stalk on the column? I read through these 9 pages and now my head hurts and I feel confused! Any help would be great.
Thanks
Dan
DSprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #147
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSprague View Post
Ok, picked up my new 2010 Yaris sedan yesterday with no power package. What Toyota part #s do I need to install factory CC with the stalk on the column? I read through these 9 pages and now my head hurts and I feel confused! Any help would be great.
Thanks
Dan
Dan,

For your 2010 you should just need the Stalk (84632-34011), stalk wire (84633-02020), and mounting screws(90159-50199 {quantity 2}). If you want the precut hole for the stalk, rather than drilling the plastic cover, you will also need the lower boss (45184-52130-B0).
Old 03-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #148
ibanezjeepguy

Drives: 2010 Meteorite Liftback
http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=2306
pretty cheap stalk & wire combo. for the screws just get some from hardware store I believe they're M5 x 0.8 , same as xbox 360 heatsink
ibanezjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #149
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezjeepguy View Post
http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=2306
pretty cheap stalk & wire combo. for the screws just get some from hardware store I believe they're M5 x 0.8 , same as xbox 360 heatsink
Also, I have a couple of the stalks with the wire and the screws for $40 shipped, which is less than half of that price.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #150
ibanezjeepguy

Drives: 2010 Meteorite Liftback
how long have you had those? I could've used an awesome deal like that last year!
ibanezjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #151
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezjeepguy View Post
how long have you had those? I could've used an awesome deal like that last year!
About two months ago a friend of mine got me a few at dealer cost.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #152
DSprague

Drives: 2010 Yaris sedan black
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Also, I have a couple of the stalks with the wire and the screws for $40 shipped, which is less than half of that price.
I'm in, how do I pay you?
Dan
DSprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #153
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSprague View Post
I'm in, how do I pay you?
Dan
PM sent.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #154
cicici00

Drives: Yaris LB 2008
I have been really busy and did not have any chance to install my cruise control since I bought my OEM stalk from ebay (like months ago). I finally find a weekend to do this thing. I just want to make sure I get the set-up right before I break into my car.

I have a 2008 LB Yaris.

1. I first cut off the red+black wire clip at the end of the stalk

2. I see the "Spiral Connector Repair Terminals" in the parts requirement. I wonder if I really need it, if I treat the stalk = diy switch/button. Can I hook it up like in Fig. 1?

3. I think I will get "ECM repair terminal" for Pin 40. I know CTScott sells them. Since I finally find a free weekend to do it, I need that part sooner. So, I wonder if I can buy that from Toyota Dealership and get it on the same day? Or can I just get one from the junk yard? Or if Advanced Auto / Auto zone / radioshack sell them?? I am just afraid if I don't do it this weekend, it will be months after I can do it again.

4. I thought about just insert the wire into Pin 40. But, I am scared it will not be secured. How far do I need to insert the wire into the A21 ECM? Does the ECM terminal has some clip to hold all the wires in place? Anyone here did it without the "repair pin"??

Thanks again for all the help!!
cicici00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #155
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicici00 View Post
I have been really busy and did not have any chance to install my cruise control since I bought my OEM stalk from ebay (like months ago). I finally find a weekend to do this thing. I just want to make sure I get the set-up right before I break into my car.

I have a 2008 LB Yaris.

1. I first cut off the red+black wire clip at the end of the stalk

2. I see the "Spiral Connector Repair Terminals" in the parts requirement. I wonder if I really need it, if I treat the stalk = diy switch/button. Can I hook it up like in Fig. 1?

3. I think I will get "ECM repair terminal" for Pin 40. I know CTScott sells them. Since I finally find a free weekend to do it, I need that part sooner. So, I wonder if I can buy that from Toyota Dealership and get it on the same day? Or can I just get one from the junk yard? Or if Advanced Auto / Auto zone / radioshack sell them?? I am just afraid if I don't do it this weekend, it will be months after I can do it again.

4. I thought about just insert the wire into Pin 40. But, I am scared it will not be secured. How far do I need to insert the wire into the A21 ECM? Does the ECM terminal has some clip to hold all the wires in place? Anyone here did it without the "repair pin"??

Thanks again for all the help!!

1/2. You don't really want to clip the connector. If you are planning on mounting the stalk in the steering wheel, then it needs to go through the spiral cable.

3. If you want to use the pins, I can ship them today via priority mail for $5 more (bringing the total to $15 for the three pins), so you would have them in hand before the weekend. I believe that the dealer price on them is $12 each, so you would still be saving quite a bit, and I don't think that dealers typically stock them.

4. People have done it this way, but it does not always make good connection and is not sealed, so it will allow moisture to enter the connector.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:23 AM   #156
wasserburgandy

Drives: yaris
hi guys, i am from China, I own an Yaris made by Toyota China. Does anyone here know if the China version Yaris can install the cruise control or not? People here say the ECU doesn't support. tks
wasserburgandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:42 AM   #157
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasserburgandy View Post
hi guys, i am from China, I own an Yaris made by Toyota China. Does anyone here know if the China version Yaris can install the cruise control or not? People here say the ECU doesn't support. tks
I don't have any of the wiring diagrams or manuals for the Chinese Yaris, but as far as I know, only the US/Canada 1.5L Yaris ECMs have it built in.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #158
wasserburgandy

Quote:
I don't have any of the wiring diagrams or manuals for the Chinese Yaris, but as far as I know, only the US/Canada 1.5L Yaris ECMs have it built in.

Is there an CC indicatior light showing on dash board after installation?

The Chinese version uses 1.6L Dual-vvti engine, toyota model no. 1ZR-FE. 4AT transimission (U340E).
the dash board looks different, see picture following if you can:

The Chinese Yaris is the only Yaris model using 1.6L dual vvti engine in this world, so the ECM and ECU must be different ??? This engine also applies on Chinese Corollla. But anyway I will give it a try after my gurantee expires by following your approach, which probably will happen at the end of this year.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #159
wasserburgandy

Quote:
more pics about Chinese Yaris engine:

BTW, do you have any file that records installing the CC by using original Toyota parts stalk& wire in detail with pics?? tks.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #160
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasserburgandy View Post

BTW, do you have any file that records installing the CC by using original Toyota parts stalk& wire in detail with pics?? tks.
Look at the first page of this thread for links that show the installation of the OEM cruise stalk. From your pictures, you don't have the 1NZ-FE engine, which as far as I know, is the only one which has the ECM preprogrammed for cruise control.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #161
wasserburgandy

ECU

Relay
Old 03-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #162
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
Scott.. Would you happen to have a photo the the top half of AD4 connector as I got the connector off the white mount, but since it is a bit tight, I am having a hard time trying to find the latch to unhook the two halfs?..

Thanks Scott!

Quote:
Here is more detail on AD4:

Connector location under dash (the gray connector next to the blue and yellow connectors at the top left section of this picture):
Attachment 39851

More detail on the connector's location (this is the male side {which is on the bottom when in place in the car} of the junction connector that is part of the dash harness):
Attachment 39848

This is how the male pin gets inserted into the connector:
Attachment 39849

Detail of the male pin:
Attachment 39850

Last edited by CB900F2; 03-18-2011 at 08:42 PM.
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote