Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-13-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
Hocc

Drives: Vienta, Yaris
Recall for worldwide yaris

I am not sure if this is true ... got this news from a frd in HK and he said in Jap there is a lady driving a Yaris and the door starts to fire. then they found out its the power window that had fault. then toyota is investiagting if a recall is needed......

Hummmm.. i am not surre.....but if it happens i will miss my yaris...
Hocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
Teruyume

Drives: 06 Yaris RS
Send a message via MSN to Teruyume
This is the news i found in Yahoo! Japan
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...00052-mai-soci

Translated:
With road surface of Sakai city last month, the Toyota Motor Corporation (head office Aichi prefecture) the fire break-out it did from near the power window operation switch of the driver's seat side door of leading small car "ヴィッツ", the woman of bonesetting institute duty of the same city which drove (61) it understood that it has owed the burn of the complete cure 3 week to the right hand. As for the fire break-out from the door quite it should have been unusual, the same company investigates cause. According to the woman, October 17th 8:15 AM around, the Sakai city Ku prefecture road the smoke coming out of while travelling and near the switch of the power window suddenly, the flame of approximately 20 centimeters rose promptly. The woman tried to extinguish with the towel which is in inside of car of car but it did not go out, parked before the nearby gasoline station, called the salesman with yell and being the water had turning off. The occasion where extinguishing was tried, "perhaps, the fire burnt in the towel and moved and to owe the burn to the right hand, when it had worn the coat of the chemical fiber, burnt even in the clothes and moved" you said. The woman notified to the Osaka prefecture police/policing Izumi Otsu station which has after the extinguishing and ahead working on the inside of pipe, the same office member live seeing amount did the car. The woman purchased the same car to 99 with the new model car. The Toyota Motor Corporation the end of last month, at the repair shop of the same company series of Sakai city, the origin of woman attendance, dismantling the door which ignites. There is no mark of repairing and remodelling, it understood from near the basis of the power window & the switch inside the door that the possibility the fire break-out of doing is high. The same company carried back the basis to the head office, began precision investigation. As for the same company public information section, "as for the fire break-out from the door quite it is unusual, past there is no example in regard to ヴィッツ", that it has done. The same car started production in 99, to last year approximately 1750000 units were produced in the country. This year first half (4? September) with sale ranking car classified by name 2 rank. The public information section "at present stage that usually it was used, has recognized the car. We would like to investigate fire break-out cause urgently ", you say. < Koichi Uchida >
GP Racing GR-6 15x7
Kumho Ecsta AST 195/50R15
Tanabe DF210
JDM LED Tail lights
Teruyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
the_saint
50% borikén

Drives: 06 Mazda5, 90 240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teruyume
This is the news i found in Yahoo! Japan
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...00052-mai-soci

Translated:
With road surface of Sakai city last month, the Toyota Motor Corporation (head office Aichi prefecture) the fire break-out it did from near the power window operation switch of the driver's seat side door of leading small car "ヴィッツ", the woman of bonesetting institute duty of the same city which drove (61) it understood that it has owed the burn of the complete cure 3 week to the right hand. As for the fire break-out from the door quite it should have been unusual, the same company investigates cause. According to the woman, October 17th 8:15 AM around, the Sakai city Ku prefecture road the smoke coming out of while travelling and near the switch of the power window suddenly, the flame of approximately 20 centimeters rose promptly. The woman tried to extinguish with the towel which is in inside of car of car but it did not go out, parked before the nearby gasoline station, called the salesman with yell and being the water had turning off. The occasion where extinguishing was tried, "perhaps, the fire burnt in the towel and moved and to owe the burn to the right hand, when it had worn the coat of the chemical fiber, burnt even in the clothes and moved" you said. The woman notified to the Osaka prefecture police/policing Izumi Otsu station which has after the extinguishing and ahead working on the inside of pipe, the same office member live seeing amount did the car. The woman purchased the same car to 99 with the new model car. The Toyota Motor Corporation the end of last month, at the repair shop of the same company series of Sakai city, the origin of woman attendance, dismantling the door which ignites. There is no mark of repairing and remodelling, it understood from near the basis of the power window & the switch inside the door that the possibility the fire break-out of doing is high. The same company carried back the basis to the head office, began precision investigation. As for the same company public information section, "as for the fire break-out from the door quite it is unusual, past there is no example in regard to ヴィッツ", that it has done. The same car started production in 99, to last year approximately 1750000 units were produced in the country. This year first half (4? September) with sale ranking car classified by name 2 rank. The public information section "at present stage that usually it was used, has recognized the car. We would like to investigate fire break-out cause urgently ", you say. < Koichi Uchida >
So this happened with the older Vitz?
the_saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:12 PM   #4
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
i dont think so, i think it said she bought the new model year but she was a second time buyer or something like that
BMGYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:44 PM   #5
Hocc

Drives: Vienta, Yaris
ooo so it is really true.....even though don;t really understand that article.....hope there won't be any recall... thx for the findings !
Hocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:09 AM   #6
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
I happen to have power windows............ Hope that is just one isolated incident..........Glad the lady in the news sounds fine.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:01 AM   #7
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.

Drives: Yaris LB
that was my reasoning for getting crank windows... you never know when those things will catch fire :)
Old 11-14-2006, 08:14 AM   #8
the_saint
50% borikén

Drives: 06 Mazda5, 90 240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by argylesocks
that was my reasoning for getting crank windows... you never know when those things will catch fire :)
ROFL

Garson - D.A.D. aero
Zuenglein Dolci wheels
the_saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #9
Yaris

Drives: 2010 LB Meteor Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by argylesocks
That's funny, I thought that all movies where a car explodes was from the highly flammable liquid sitting inside of the gas tank, rather than the deadly power windows...
Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:59 PM   #10
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
I think it is just an isolated incident.
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:42 PM   #11
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Mine catches fire all the time.

I thought it was a feature.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #12
entreri_21

Drives: '07 Silver Yaris Sedan
Whew, glad I have power NOTHING.

Rolling down windows by hand sucks. But its one less thing that's going to break and burn me into an unrecognizable crisp....
entreri_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:00 PM   #13
Coros
I've made a post!

Drives: 2009 Yaris 5-Door - Bayou Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGYaris
i dont think so, i think it said she bought the new model year but she was a second time buyer or something like that
It's the older model.
It says the car is '99 model Vitz.
Coros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:51 PM   #14
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
Maybe, but i have a hard time thinking that toyota would consider a recall because a 7 year old car with 150,000 miles on it had an electrical problem
BMGYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:10 PM   #15
ceres
Club Baby Seals

Drives: Yaris Sedan
It's pretty hard to understand but I think it was saying she bought the car recently used.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:45 PM   #16
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
A guy in our office just got his master window switch replaced on his car because it shorted out and melted the switches. Not a yaris but a similar incident.
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote