Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #19
m911gt
Carless in Chicago

Drives: 08 Blk LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNet0 View Post
I could alter it or make a different one that did that, but I think that the opening on the Intake mani actually matches that of the 1zz TB, I actually didnt look at the size differences of the TB and intake mani, so if someone else who has recently done the mod who actually looked could tell us, that would be awesome.
Lt. Noogie was right, the intake manifold opening is ever so slightly smaller in diameter than the inner diameter of the 1zz tb. some of the flow is getting restricted, how much exactly, i am not sure.

Some say that he is the secret love child of Ferrari and Porsche, and others say that he would lap James May twice in a 1/4 mile drag race. All we know is that he is called The Stig.
m911gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #20
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
I'm on my phone seeing fast and furious so bear with me lol

I'm going to be purchasing the machine if the test product goes well so it will be possible to machine a seperate one for the 1nz as well if there is turbulent air flow

It was that we did this on the basis that the 1zz tb mated to the 1nz manifold and thought the size would have mated, thus allowing an easier and broader range of produvtion

But thanks for bringing up that there is an actual size difference it means a lot to get it correct for the 1nz which is the more important engine of the bunch
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #21
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
Quote:
Originally Posted by m911gt View Post
Lt. Noogie was right, the intake manifold opening is ever so slightly smaller in diameter than the inner diameter of the 1zz tb. some of the flow is getting restricted, how much exactly, i am not sure.
Buy a filing bit for a dremel and port the manifold?
lol jk

I will do this then - make a model for mating the 1zz and 1nz mani
- make a model for the 1nz straight through
and - keep this current one so people that want to port the intake manifold can do so and still enjoy this part.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:10 AM   #22
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
Also depending on price I'd be interested.
You may want to post up what mods are required for this mod to be installed, so that stock cars can get in on this. Has a prototype already been tested?

anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #23
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
I am for sure down for the port matched 1zz tb to 1nz manifold spacer.
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #24
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
For the factory engine and throttle body i would be very interested in this. Strait bold up without having to deal with check engine light. I supose a reasonable amount to pay i would say 50 dollars. Also would be interested in powdercoated in different colors such as red. Please keep us posted im bookmarking this thread.

Last edited by YarisSedan; 04-08-2009 at 01:38 AM.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:47 AM   #25
AlexNet0

Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous user View Post
Also depending on price I'd be interested.
You may want to post up what mods are required for this mod to be installed, so that stock cars can get in on this. Has a prototype already been tested?

No other mods are required for this, someone with a completely stock car could put this on.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:51 AM   #26
yarstar

Drives: 2008 Absolute Red HB
When do you estimate you will have some ready for sale and what will be the cost?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:09 AM   #27
AlexNet0

I am getting the proto back sometime this week. Ready for sale depends on amount of sure fire interest, After we test it. After testing Nexus is either buying a milling machine or we will have them sent to a machine shop for the first batch. I will not know the price untill then
Old 04-08-2009, 08:13 AM   #28
yarstar

Drives: 2008 Absolute Red HB
Thanks Alex. Call me a "Sure Fire." I'll be looking forward to reading your posting of your R+D results.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #29
m911gt
Carless in Chicago

Drives: 08 Blk LB
What are we predicting the gains will be with this spacer?

Some say that he is the secret love child of Ferrari and Porsche, and others say that he would lap James May twice in a 1/4 mile drag race. All we know is that he is called The Stig.
m911gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #30
YarisSedan

Lets make a list to help encourage this

So far....

1. YarisSedan
2. Yarstar
Old 04-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #31
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Quote:
What are we predicting the gains will be with this spacer?
lol i'm not going to lie and say this thing picks up 10hp all by itself, thats just not going to gain good interest in what it is

Well, here's the thing, you increase the length of the intake which increases air velocity only slightly, so if any other gains came from other spacers it would net the same as it is just as thick if not thicker. I have heard as much of a 2-3hp gain with increased throttle sensitivity from scionlife users.

I can make these to your preference without a doubt, but the sole reason they were created were to give the community another option as far as FI goes with added a nitrous fogger, which can lead to any gains you want as long as it is in reason of safety.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #32
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
@Nexus1155: Is it a good idea to have a fogger for the TB as well as the mani (supposing of course that RH finally starts selling it)? Are there any benefits to using the TB fogger instead of the mani fogger(s)?
Old 04-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #33
YarisSedan

I think a throttle fogger just makes things simpler. Throttle body gives it a more direct port to each cylinder so a more precise measurement. So depending on your budget and ease of installation throttle body injection is the way to go.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #34
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

This was specifically made for stock manifolds, something like holdeners manifold injects directly into each intake tract and adding more on top of it, i honestly would not recommend it IMHO(I mean what we are making adds the nitrous directly to the air charge, in a sense you can do it on holdeners but i dont think you will need more jetting than what you can do with holdeners). But that is when he does sell it.

The thing is that with the stock manifold tapping plastic and having something stable in there is a little more unstable than metal. And also that alot of plastic manifolds have a hard time with dealing with nitrous directly installed on it. I know the manifolds are made from a different composite of plastic.

The thing is that if you have a hot engine, spray something cold and heat it up and then cold again and repeat, that plastic manifold can and will crack after useage like that. Its pretty basic principles on expand and contract with different materials. While using the throttle body unit, you inject straight on the metal and it distributes it without issue, and the tb spacer takes all of the cold.

***and exactly what YarisSedan said as well it is simpler and cheaper in the long run
Old 04-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #35
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
i'm definitely interested in a spacer WITH the port for the nitrous fogger

whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #36
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
OK I guess I'm interested in one with the fogger as well.