Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #55
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
EDIT: I'll just keep updating the list in this post.

Chris07LB - Testing, DIY, review, etc.
1. Alphafox
2. Kwb1959
3. 07TypeS
4. Churp
5. TrancosRT
6. BlackYaris
7. MrJester
8. Nutzoids
9. nsmitchell
10. OxyG3nE

I won't limit the $125 price to 20 pieces. You guys will have plenty of time to grab one on the cheap before the price goes up a bit to cover shipping. Right now it is looking like 20 may be a little conservative, which makes me smile really big.

Last edited by ChinoCharles; 04-16-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:25 PM   #56
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
I was thinking, are you going to be running a dyno? I know its somthing close to $100 to run one... but it doesnt hurt to ask :)

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
Old 04-16-2007, 02:39 PM   #57
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Chris07LB - Testing, DIY, review, etc.
1. Alphafox
2. Kwb1959
3. 07TypeS
4. Churp
5. TrancosRT
6. BlackYaris
7. MrJester
8. Nutzoids
9. nsmitchell

I won't limit the $125 price to 20 pieces. You guys will have plenty of time to grab one on the cheap before the price goes up a bit to cover shipping. Right now it is looking like 20 may be a little conservative, which makes me smile really big.
Are the First 20 going to be Limited Edition, Numbered and Signed by the Designer?

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!
Old 04-16-2007, 02:41 PM   #58
ChinoCharles
Banned

I have run the prototype on a dyno and driven for over a thousand miles with it installed so at this point I know the performance is there. For the sake of keeping things objective I will be offering a discount to anyone who is willing to do some third-party dyno testing for me. I will comp the cost of the dyno runs at the time of delivery through Paypal. If anyone has free access to a dyno feel free to PM me now so we can get that ball rolling as well.

For the record, I finally got the prototype back and put it back on properly and the thing is just flat out a champ. Half the reason I'm so excited to finish this is to watch the collective "WOW" that follows the delivery of this sucker. It literally takes the 1NZ from restricted two-stroke to full-blown four banger, emphasis on the banger.

Nutzoids, I'd be a liar if I said I didn't think about it, but at the same time I'm just not that vain. I was considering painting them black and using black couplers, then writing our slogan on the tubing in silver sharpie... "Its the horsepower stupid!" I thought it was hilarious, but for the sake of it not looking like crap we're going to stick to black everything in true sleeper style. The filters provided will be blue, but it will be offered filterless as well for those of you that want something different. We may or may not also run out and have some stickers made, but for now I'm content with the all-black idea. It won't look flashy, but OH BOY does it sound flashy!
Old 04-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #59
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Nutzoids, I'd be a liar if I said I didn't think about it, but at the same time I'm just not that vain.
There is a Huge Difference between Pride and Vain...

If you would like to make this a Company of sorts... then perhaps It would be a step in the right direction... You do have a following, and the means...

Chino Performance... "Its the horsepower stupid!"

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!
Old 04-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #60
ChinoCharles
Banned

I can't take credit for the slogan. Its Baskin's, but he was the principal fabricator of the intake.

If you have to ask, you just wouldn't understand...
Its the horsepower stupid!

You can say stuff like that when you fearlessly ride a YZF R6.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #61
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
Did i miss the eta date? or is that still unknown?

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
Old 04-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #62
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
I like this CCRD name... it has a nice ring!

Man I so wish I didn't just buy the TRD air filter... stupid filter.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:01 PM   #63
ChinoCharles
Banned

CCRD... haha! I'm not even thinking about a business yet. It makes my head hurt.

I won't come out and give an ETA just yet, mostly because my Grandpa has about a week to live and my wisdom teeth are killing me. I have a feeling I could be tied up for about a week very soon. You can spare me the pity, it is certainly sad and I'm having a tough time with it but this thread is all about the intake.

Due to the response we're getting now, though, we are officially rushing. The MAF plate is in another machine shop today so I can get a second quote. We're going to be working on it again tonight so I will know more later.

Right now the only ETA I'm really thinking about is when that first piece is going to be on its way out to Chris, and that date looks to be around next weekend. We're trying for sooner. As soon as he gives the thumbs up, ordering begins.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:36 PM   #64
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
awesome :)

we have dyno results? did I miss this?

Not sure if I'll be taking the plunge with the initial GB due to funding restrictions and some better brake pads being higher on my list... we'll see :)
Old 04-16-2007, 04:37 PM   #65
ChinoCharles
Banned

HAHA! Those 20's giving you some trouble? Dezod pads FTW.

And yes, I have dyno results. If I told you I'd have to kill you. Lets wait for the objective ones, because every time I look at it I want to round that .7 to a full 1.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:38 PM   #66
OxyG3nE

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Send a message via AIM to OxyG3nE Send a message via MSN to OxyG3nE
#10 OxyG3nE :P
Old 04-16-2007, 04:58 PM   #67
spkrman
Banned

Quote:
HAHA! Those 20's giving you some trouble? Dezod pads FTW.

And yes, I have dyno results. If I told you I'd have to kill you. Lets wait for the objective ones, because every time I look at it I want to round that .7 to a full 1.
lol yea... could stand to have some pads with a little more oomph. I'd say the braking is actually improved with the way wider/performance tires.... but it takes alot more effort to get it there. It still stops on a dime, though, but its really pushing the limits of the stock brakes.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #68
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
So sorry to hear about your grandpa and your teeth, owch! hope both go well.. /cry
Glad to hear the intake is coming so well, I had no idea that you have been testing it for over 1K miles!! Hopefully Chris will give it the thumbs up or we are all screwed!!! ;)
Old 04-16-2007, 10:45 PM   #69
elsteverino889

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan black
Chino...my wisdom teeth are killing me also bro, and well be praying for your gramps here at yw.com.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #70
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Looky looky what I dug up... (props to Black Yaris for the vid!)

Old 04-17-2007, 12:28 AM   #71
ChinoCharles
Banned

Headway was made today. I made an important contact and ordered two T bolt clamps and a black straight silicon coupler for the first test piece. Tomorrow should be a good day also, and it starts early.

Doc, thanks for reposting that video in case anyone hasn't seen it. BlackYaris can vouch for how she sounds in real life.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:03 AM   #72
spkrman
Banned

with the purchase of hella headlights, this will be postponed a bit.

On that note, they are pretty sweet, much brighter and more reflective than the stockers... absolute must for yours truly who cant see worth a shyte in the dark.

nice vid! Sounds awesome :)
Closed Thread