Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
TimberTiger

Drives: Toyota yaris
Send a message via Yahoo to TimberTiger
Question Hello! I need some suggestions about new seats?

Hi there. I have a 2007 Yaris that I bought in March of 2007! I love my car, but my only complaint is that the seats are SOOOO uncomfortable! If you've ever rode in the car non-stop from Oregon to L.A. you probably know what I'm talking about.

I do ALOT of driving. I'm almost at 100k miles, I'll hit the mark in about two months probably.

But anyway, are there any seats that one might suggest? I've never done any modifications to my car before, I've just finally got tired of my legs going numb and my back killing me after a short 2 hour drive.

I like the idea of the racing seats, but I've only sat in those for maybe 20 minutes all together. I don't know if I liked them because they were different or if they really were that comfortable on my spine!

Thank you for any input!
TimberTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Dadams

Drives: '09 yaris hatchback
That's the only drastic change I can think of off the top of my head.... Personally Id love to have some race-class seats Brides to be specific :P IMO the way they make you sit gives a more postured kind of feel so they're more comfortable then stock seats. I'm sure there's something else out there though. Ill do some research to see if there's any type of luxury type aftermarket seats out there and Ill get back to you! Oh and welcome to YW!!

My yaris build!
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36908
Please feel free to leave your oppinions! I would love to have them to see what I can improve on!
Dadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
josh044

Drives: 07 yaris hb - 5 spd
I'm curious on this too. I'd really like to fit some WRX seats into my car. I had WRX seats in a Legacy, so comfortable. I doubt that would be a simple process though.

I'd be curious if any stock Toyota seats are somewhat of any easy swap.
josh044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
Dadams

The only foreseeable difficulty I can see is changing out the seat brackets but other then that just do the measurements and you should be good!

My yaris build!
Please feel free to leave your oppinions! I would love to have them to see what I can improve on!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
lol i just did the Portland to LA drive myself, and i cant wait to get new seats. I'm going with corbeaus, hopefully. my main issue with the yaris seats is how high they sit.

if you get wrx seats in i might have to change my mind, lol...
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #6
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
It took me a long time of sitting in peoples cars at shows and cruises and going to some local business's that sell Sparco and Recaro seats.We don;t have any local Bride retailers but I have sat in several of their models as well.

After this I made a decision on what I wanted my seat to be for and what look I wanted.

Although I drive a lot,most of it is shorter than two hours in the car.

Some models I found very comfortable were the Sparco 100,an entry level cost seat and it honestly was comfy.Also the Corbeau A4 was awsome as well.

Another was a very cradling Recaro that was $1500 a seat and although it would of fit the look and use it was way over budget.

The Bride digo was one I also liked the look and feel of but again was way out of budget.

If you want a great fixed back seat the Sparco Evo is available in 3 differant sizes and actually was very comfy but I don't think it would do me well for long trips.I did not care for the feel of most the Bride fixed back seats......they felt like they were made for someone taller than me.

I ended up with Corbeau FX1 Pro.....great seat,but not comfortable for long trips,it fit me well,I am 5'4" and only 165lbs.....many of my larger friends find it way too snug.

One last thing.........make sure the seats you buy will fit a chicks ass......ohhh how I wish a woman could fit in my seats without that bitchy look......
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
Dadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzinn 1 View Post
.make sure the seats you buy will fit a chicks ass......ohhh how I wish a woman could fit in my seats without that bitchy look......
+1

My yaris build!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #8
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
im sure its as simple as getting some brackets to fit whatever seat you want. i have recaros stock from the factory in my evo and they are very comfortable. I also have dc5 recaros in my del sol, which if your a BIG american guy like myself, they aren't so comfortable but they look so bad ass. lol
Old 02-02-2012, 01:36 AM   #9
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
So any luck on seats yet....
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
i don't get why people don't like the stock seats. To me they are perfect for sporty driving. At 6'2" though, they are way to high When I get some cash I am going to replace the drivers one with a lightweight carbon fibre seat and modify the steering wheel as well, but i don't have that type of cash right now.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #11
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
i don't get why people don't like the stock seats. To me they are perfect for sporty driving.

Are you serious? Yaris seats are flatter than three day old McDonald's burgers. Minivans have burst out laughing because they have bigger bolsters than my car does.

-C

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #12
Spidermandud

Drives: Black '08 Yaris Hatch S
Man, I'ma go with why? on this one .. Compared with the Blazer I used to own, or the Suzuki Samurai I've got. . The yaris' seats are a frigging godsend haha. Then again, maybe that's not much to compare to! :D
Old 02-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #13
weedtank
I need more stars

Drives: Liftback
any recommendations on something comfortable (30+ highway miles each way) but with bigger bolsters than stock seats?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #14
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
i had a couple complements from the ladies when they sat in my recaros ...." umm this seat is perfect for my butt"...." I feel like someone is hugging me from the back" ...those kind of complements
vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #15
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
LOL!

TimberTiger, where in NorCal are you located? Sit in a few of my friends seats and let me know which you like...we will even offer to give you a ride with them through some spirited driving ;)

Let me know.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #16
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
LOL!

TimberTiger, where in NorCal are you located? Sit in a few of my friends seats and let me know which you like...we will even offer to give you a ride with them through some spirited driving ;)

Let me know.
Now thats a great idea.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #17
TimberTiger

bzinn 1
Quote:
make sure the seats you buy will fit a chicks ass......ohhh how I wish a woman could fit in my seats without that bitchy look......
I'll keep that in mind so I'm not driving around with a bitchy look on my face all because of my seats. :P Also, no luck on seats...I'm not sure where to look. And I have to save up. I'm in college, so it might be a while.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #18
TimberTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
LOL!

Let me know.
Redding area. That actually sounds like a pretty good idea.

Tags
miles, seats, travel, uncomfortable