Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Drives: 2010 Corolla S
Check your air pressure!

You know, it should be a very simple thing for the technician who performs your oil change to check your tire pressure and inflate the tires to the proper pressure. This is supposed to be included in the service when the oil is changed.

Well, I had my oil changed this past Monday at the dealership where I bought the car, and guess what? When I checked my air pressure today, five days after the dealership's service department performed the oil change, I found that the tires were inflated to 27 psi!

I aired them up to the recommended 32 psi myself here at home. I wonder if the pressure had leaked-off to 27 psi, or if the technician thought they were supposed to be at 27 psi. If the tires had been running at 27 psi for a while, that might explain some of my lower than expected MPG on the last few tanks of gas.

That was the second oil change for my Yaris, and the first one was also done at the dealership. The first one was free. I don't remember if I checked air pressure between the first and second oil changes or not.

This just goes to show you that you should check that pressure on a regular basis and that you cannot count on the service department to inflate them to the proper pressure all the time.

Tom
YarisOwnersDad is offline   Reply With Quote