Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
Yaris LB Availability - NE

Hey all
I went to one dealer the other day and he said it would be over 1.5 months till the next shipment and they had no idea what they would get. is this normal? If I want a standard in blue is that an impossible request??
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #2
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Toyota ships vehicles to dealers every other week. The last shipment came this week.

New car managers at dealers know what they are getting only about 1 week in advance.

This weeks shipment only brought 3 LB manuals to NE, and 1 of them is my car.

Whoever you talked to isn't very bright.

Ordering the car is the best way to get one, I ordered my car March 28th, and I am going to finally pick it up tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
AlphaFox

Am I correct in thinking:
1. They get some in every other week; these cars are just what toyota ships them and they have no say in what they get.
2. They can special order one for you, but they dont like to as they only want to sell whats in their stock or the ones they know they are getting.
3. Any dealer can special order EXACTLY what you want, but you may have to wait 2-6 weeks for it to come in. (?)

Did I get anything wrong? I am really interested in #3 as they made it sound like that was impossible and I dont really want anything but the base package in blue.
Thanks!
Old 05-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

They get cars in every other week.

Last week the entire NE region received only 3 manual yaris lb. 1 was only because i ordered mine.

Dealerships like to sell off the lot. They will not have a yaris on the lot. Odds are the dealership you talked to won't be getting a manual yaris liftback anytime soon.

They can special order a car. Not exact. You need to give them 3 color choices, as well as what options you want. My car came with 2 options I didn't want, floor mats and the pathetic armrest.

To get exactly what you want could take a very long time depending on how rare the option packages and color you want is.

The dealer should be able to tell you exactly how rare what you want is.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
AlphaFox

So If I told them I want a manual LB in blue, and didnt really want any options but it woulnt be the end of the world if it had some, would that be hard to find?
Old 05-04-2006, 05:19 PM   #6
jah

Drives: Hatch
My dealer here in the SE ended up "trading" for my car with another local area dealer.
jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:57 PM   #7
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox
So If I told them I want a manual LB in blue, and didnt really want any options but it woulnt be the end of the world if it had some, would that be hard to find?
Not hard to find, but it might still take a while.

I'm not sure there are any base Yaris out there. I think every one coming over has the convenience package on it.

But go to the dealership and ask for the new car manager. They will be able to tell you more than I can.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:21 AM   #8
artyin

Drives: tC
Why are they all coming in with the conveince package? They should equip the power package since they advertise the 40/60 rear seats and ipod jack so much.

i wish they just order exactaly what people want
artyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:39 AM   #9
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

They should equip the power package, but for some reason they are not putting it on the lb.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #10
jah

My hatch had the power package, durning my search, all the hatch's had at least the convenice package, no BASE models at all.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:10 AM   #11
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Indeed. It seems silly their are no base models anywhere.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #12
Macel

Drives: Yaris 5spd Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
They should equip the power package, but for some reason they are not putting it on the lb.

If you go to the toyota site, you aren't given the option to equip the LB with the power package. You might have to special order one from Japan if you want that.
Macel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #13
jah

Toyota shows 25 liftbacks (22 auto 3 stick) in the SE inventory with the power package. My liftback has the power package.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:02 PM   #14
Leenis24
lil' town up north

Drives: 07 Yaris LB 5 speed Meteorite
my yaris should be in one of the next two allocations. So about a months wait for me, if everything goes as planned. There were 5 people for my local dealer that wanted a 5 speed LB, luckily i was first on that list. That was a while ago too, im sure the list has grow immensly since then.
Leenis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:43 PM   #15
Doorstopdriver

Drives: Focus Hatch
Another thing to look at Alpha, is out in western MA there isn't as much of a need/want for small cars. Sure Holyoke/Springfield area there might be but the rest of the area is pretty rural, so an ultra-efficient soda can that's easy to park may not be at the top of the list for most. At least for now.
Doorstopdriver is offline   Reply With Quote