Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-29-2015, 02:15 PM   #19
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Thread necro!

My most recent belt replacement suffered a premature death this week. Don't recall off hand what it was, but I bought it from O'Riley.

The only thing that the parts store within walking distance had in stock that was close enough to work was a Gates K060663. It's about 1/8" longer than the *0660, but it holds on well at full tension adjustment. To be on the safe side, I got a Gates K080660 (8PK1676) to cut in half and leave in the boot, along with a 14mm box wrench and a 6mm allen wrench.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:43 AM   #20
Jerkratt

Drives: 08 Yaris Liftback S (RIP 07)
Send a message via AIM to Jerkratt
I've deleted a/c so I'm able to find a 4 ribbed without cutting an 8 in half. Now I'm dealing with a chirping problem
Old 08-14-2015, 08:07 PM   #21
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Type S
Send a message via AIM to AzianCuz
Did you guys get an extra pulley with the Blitz kit you guys have? Supposedly the Vitz version comes with it, mine didn't come with a pulley and the Bando 4PK1695 belt is too long.

Help...
BLITZ S/C|MICRO-IMAGE CRANK PULLEY|NST ALT;WATER PUMP PULLEY|BLITZ SUS SHORT RAM;HEADERS;AXLE-BACK EXHAUST|2.25 PIPING|1ZZ INJECTORS|OPTIMA YELLOW-TOP|GTSPEC FRONT STRUT;MID LOWER CHASSIS;4 PNT FRNT LOWER BRACE|WHITELINE REAR SWAY;BUSHINGS|TANABE FRNT SWAY|TRD LOWERING SPRINGS/SHOCKS|R1 CONCEPT DRILLED & SLOTTED ROTORS|EBC GREEN PADS|THROTTLE SPACER|XTREME PERFORMANCE CHIP MOD
AzianCuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:53 PM   #22
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianCuz View Post
Did you guys get an extra pulley with the Blitz kit you guys have? Supposedly the Vitz version comes with it, mine didn't come with a pulley and the Bando 4PK1695 belt is too long.

Help...
No. 1695 would only be for the Vitz setup. For the Yaris with A/C, 1675 is the correct length. 1675 is generally not available as a 4PK1675, so you buy a 8PK1675 and slit it between the center ribs, thereby ending up with 2 belts for the price of one.
Old 08-15-2015, 03:03 AM   #23
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Unhappy Blitz (S/C Kit Missing Parts?) - Toyota Yaris 2007 S (Sedan Automatic Transmission)

Am I suppose to have two pulleys?

Will the belt suggested above fit without the secondary pulley?

My mechanic has tried the stock part that came with it and it's too long with the pulley it would fit. Please see images and let me know. I appreciate all the help.

BLITZ S/C|MICRO-IMAGE CRANK PULLEY|NST ALT;WATER PUMP PULLEY|BLITZ SUS SHORT RAM;HEADERS;AXLE-BACK EXHAUST|2.25 PIPING|1ZZ INJECTORS|OPTIMA YELLOW-TOP|GTSPEC FRONT STRUT;MID LOWER CHASSIS;4 PNT FRNT LOWER BRACE|WHITELINE REAR SWAY;BUSHINGS|TANABE FRNT SWAY|TRD LOWERING SPRINGS/SHOCKS|R1 CONCEPT DRILLED & SLOTTED ROTORS|EBC GREEN PADS|THROTTLE SPACER|XTREME PERFORMANCE CHIP MOD
Old 08-15-2015, 06:42 AM   #24
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianCuz View Post
Am I suppose to have two pulleys?

Will the belt suggested above fit without the secondary pulley?

My mechanic has tried the stock part that came with it and it's too long with the pulley it would fit. Please see images and let me know. I appreciate all the help.

No - One pulley and I answered the question about the belt above.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #25
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Thanks

THanks bro-ham I will let my mechanic know.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:49 AM   #26
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Thumbs up 8PK1675 - Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
No. 1695 would only be for the Vitz setup. For the Yaris with A/C, 1675 is the correct length. 1675 is generally not available as a 4PK1675, so you buy a 8PK1675 and slit it between the center ribs, thereby ending up with 2 belts for the price of one.
CTScott:

The belt was cut as advised and works perfectly! Haven't turned on the car yet as we are now in the process of the electrical portion. Did you directly connect the red wire to the battery with a fuse?
Old 08-17-2015, 07:03 PM   #27
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Yes. The red wire should be fused with a 20A fuse.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:48 AM   #28
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Thanks

Thanks fellas for all the help!

Old 08-11-2016, 05:55 PM   #29
KMack

Drives: 06 Scion XA
Wait... what was that I read about replacing the Crank Pin? Is that common for this install, or just relegated to us xA owners? I have not read anything else on that. Any more insight on this?

(Sorry to bring this back to life just to thread hijack)

Ken
KMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:12 PM   #30
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMack View Post
Wait... what was that I read about replacing the Crank Pin? Is that common for this install, or just relegated to us xA owners? I have not read anything else on that. Any more insight on this?

(Sorry to bring this back to life just to thread hijack)

Ken
It's just because of the 1NZ/2NZ crank pulley design. It's only a taper fit, so there's a chance it can spin and sheer off the stock roll pin used from factory.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:44 PM   #31
KMack

Drives: 06 Scion XA
Got it. I haven't seen this pop up in any other forum, though. Just wondering if that IS a common issue, or if everyone is just changing this up when they initially install these things. I'd rather do it right the first time, even though working on the 1NZ isn't all that difficult should I choose to change it out later.

Thanks for chiming in.
KMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:58 PM   #32
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
It's just because of the 1NZ/2NZ crank pulley design. It's only a taper fit, so there's a chance it can spin and sheer off the stock roll pin used from factory.
I'm not sure what you mean by taper fit. It's a snug fit over the end of the crank shaft, but it's not tapered that I can see. The bolt does most of the holding, and the pin is there to keep it from slipping up to the shear load of the pin. Upgrading pins is generally a poor engineering and maintenance strategy, because the whole point of a key or pin is that it is supposed to fail before the shaft/gear/pulley/etc. If you have to keep replacing pins, then something in the system is generating more torque than was intended. In the case of the Blitz S/C, the force of the clutch engaging causes a big jerk on the belt, which can shear off the crank pulley pin. As noted by BlownXA, putting a hardened pin in there will just slot the hole in the pulley, and eventually cause a different failure mode.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 01:39 PM   #33
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Talking FINALLY!!! - 4PK1675 BELTS!!!

OMG! After about 02 years of researching and waiting and waiting, I finally got some 4PK1675!!!

I got excited and ordered 05 of them!!!

For anyone that's Supercharged check out my picture. I had a guy named Rick help me out, so just refer him and mention me "HENRY" and or the ORDER NUMBER, if anything :)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Old 08-31-2017, 11:46 AM   #34
s3r3nity
traded_my_mk1_for_a_yaris

Drives: Boosted Sleeper
GATES K040560 if you have the charger and bypass/delete the A/C
s3r3nity is offline   Reply With Quote