Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #1
perro547
Banned

Drives: 1
Rear veiw camera install help

So I'm trying to install a rearview camera on a 2015 Yaris le. Those 2 bolts that hold the plastic cover in piece for the camera cutout won't come out. It just keeps spinning but does not get looser ?? I've been trying for a while and no progress. Also I'm trying to find which wire is the one I connect the reverse trigger to . I found these wired by my foot well not sure if it's even the right ones though.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
perro547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:14 PM   #2
phpist

Drives: Yaris III
hello,

have you solved this? Was this connector for rear camera?
phpist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 01:35 PM   #3
colinpilla
I've made a post!

Drives: 2018 yaris
2018 Toyota yaris Thailand spec

Hi Guys i have 2018 Toyota yaris Thailand spec, i am having troubles installing my rear camera there isn't any RCA ports on the radio. what do i do.
colinpilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:29 PM   #4
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
Quote:
Originally Posted by phpist View Post
hello,

have you solved this? Was this connector for rear camera?
From memory, when I installed my rear view camera, that connector is for the central locking. Some versions of the hatchbacks in some countries have a key operated lock in the hatch. This connector then signals the doors to unlock or lock when the hatch key lock is operated.

I wasn't able to find any wiring in the hatch for a rear view camera, and ended up running a video cable all the way back to the radio. I tapped 12 volts from a reversing light to power the camera and provide a switching signal to the radio.