Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-12-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
okay, so i finally did my first mod and i have a list of more.....

hey, so i have been part of this fourm since i signed for my car (mid novemberish) and i finally got my car this past weekend (the 9th) if u wanna ask more about that, i have a whole long boring ass thread about it.

so anyways, my new 2010 yaris RS is sick! i love it. today on ym way home from work it was/had snowed and with trac and VSC on it was amazing, with TRAC and VSC off it was so much fun!! (my yaris has a button so no ebrake crap for me!!)

anyways, moving on. i finally did my own mod to the car, or kinda my own mod. i disabled the clutch sensor, found it very awkward and annoying. right now its jsut a temp fix... saturday or sunday gonna make it a proper fix.(currently it is duct tape, lol)

and have been messing with DRL.... need to remove them without messing up my fogs. looking for an easy and simple way to do this...

next mods i plan for soon, most likly in this order; DRL, the dash light clolour (i cant stand the orange) dash background, interior lights, attatch sub to stock HU, HID's (lights and fogs), pully kit, shortshift kit, debadge, replace toyota with vitz. thats all i have planned for now. cheap little things to make it that much better.

i have been trying to find someone who changed the dash colour and could give some pointers....i hope its fairly straight forward....

Last edited by yaris2010RS; 01-12-2010 at 01:00 AM.
yaris2010RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:09 AM   #2
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
I saw another member who sent his dash out to have the leds professionally changed including the gauge cluster. I forget the website though hopefully someone will chime in and post it. There are some DIY too it dosnt look too hard if you are good with a soldering iron.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:45 AM   #3
r3b3l

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3dr liftback
DIY interior light color change.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...nterior+lights
r3b3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3b3l View Post
thank u so much for this thread. exactly what i wanna do (well my big concern is the guage cluster) and after seeing this i think i will do radio also...
Old 01-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
r3b3l

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3dr liftback
NP
r3b3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:50 AM   #6
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
hey, so i have been part of this fourm since i signed for my car (mid novemberish) and i finally got my car this past weekend (the 9th) if u wanna ask more about that, i have a whole long boring ass thread about it.

so anyways, my new 2010 yaris RS is sick! i love it. today on ym way home from work it was/had snowed and with trac and VSC on it was amazing, with TRAC and VSC off it was so much fun!! (my yaris has a button so no ebrake crap for me!!)

anyways, moving on. i finally did my own mod to the car, or kinda my own mod. i disabled the clutch sensor, found it very awkward and annoying. right now its jsut a temp fix... saturday or sunday gonna make it a proper fix.(currently it is duct tape, lol)
I also did my clutch pedal switch by pulling out the plug, bridging the two contacts in the plug with a little loop of wire, and reinserting the plug. The plug won't go all the way back in because of the wire, but it goes in far enough to stay put.

It's so nice to simply move the lever to neutral and turn the key to start the engine.

Greg
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
+1
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
I also did my clutch pedal switch by pulling out the plug, bridging the two contacts in the plug with a little loop of wire, and reinserting the plug. The plug won't go all the way back in because of the wire, but it goes in far enough to stay put.

It's so nice to simply move the lever to neutral and turn the key to start the engine.

Greg
Id like to do this mod, but just out of curiosity is it safe to do so? Will it not affect the fuel consumption/ecu/whatever by sensing the clutch pedal is depressed all the time?
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #9
dj92
Embracing Curves

Drives: '14 Prius Executive
I don't understand why one should do this.
I am used to step on both brake and clutch while starting the engine, so I can shift at the same time to prepare for takeoff and be sure that the car won't move until I allow it to do so.
dj92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #10
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj92 View Post
I don't understand why one should do this.
I am used to step on both brake and clutch while starting the engine, so I can shift at the same time to prepare for takeoff and be sure that the car won't move until I allow it to do so.
I don't put my foot on the brake while having the other foot on the clutch. I just wait until after starting the car to take the parking brake (hand pull between the seats) off.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #11
dj92
Embracing Curves

Drives: '14 Prius Executive
That way I can disengage the parking brake, forget about it and dedicate my hand to shifting :D - while the engine spins up ;)
dj92 is offline   Reply With Quote