Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
raised white letters?

hey! i saw a nitto tire ad on the back of a recent issue of one of the import car mags today with some nitto tire(obviously) with a small, white logo on the side. i know a lot of muscle cars use bfg's(and others) with raised white lettering and was wondering if that trend is starting to emerge in the import scene? regardless of whether it's 'hot or not' i liked the look A LOT and was wondering if any of the 'tuner' tire manufacturers out there are doing this and where i could find them? unlike the 'muscle car styles', the logo was pretty small - just big enough that you would notice it(that i like). thanks!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
its just paint and a stencil. you can do it yourself pretty easily. tape over the letters, cut them out with a razor, apply paint.
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
Actually , Duplicolor has a tire paint pen for that . It comes in red , yellow or white . You will need to do 3 or 4 coats to make it look good though . You can get the pen at Autozone .

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/hottires.html
Old 06-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
i use regular old white out.. costs next to nothing and doesn't look too bad after a whole season of racing...

I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
i use regular old white out.. costs next to nothing and doesn't look too bad after a whole season of racing...

Boy Racer rides again!
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Boy Racer rides again!
gotta look good knocking those cones down!!
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
cool! thanks for the ideas. now i just need to buy some better tires to paint other than the stock goodyears ls'.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote