Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #127
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_bwoy007 View Post
Just tried that too, meaning disconnect from ground then reconnect. Still no luck.
Since it needs to see it running, have you done the tach learning?
Old 04-09-2011, 11:30 PM   #128
bad_bwoy007

Drives: 2010 8T0 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Let me go hook that up now.
bad_bwoy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #129
bad_bwoy007

Quote:
Still nothing, not able to enter into reservation mode.

I'm really stumped, I tried both park brake wire grounded and the with the transition to ground.

I don't know what else could be causing the system not to advance into reservation mode.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #130
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Still nothing, not able to enter into reservation mode.

I'm really stumped, I tried both park brake wire grounded and the with the transition to ground.

I don't know what else could be causing the system not to advance into reservation mode.
I would check the voltages on the connectors for the remote starter to make sure your taps are goof for the e-brake, brake, tach (because it is a pulsed signal it will read as a voltage somewhere between 0 and 12 with the engine running {but should not read 0 or 12}). One of those not being good seems to be the most likely reason why it's not going in.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #131
bad_bwoy007

Quote:
I would check the voltages on the connectors for the remote starter to make sure your taps are goof for the e-brake, brake, tach (because it is a pulsed signal it will read as a voltage somewhere between 0 and 12 with the engine running {but should not read 0 or 12}). One of those not being good seems to be the most likely reason why it's not going in.
OK, I will actually hook up the e-brake connection, it's just hard to reach the the running relay connector to get it in.

I will also test the voltages on the e-brake once connected.

I know the brake connection works and the tach read (+) voltage after start.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #132
bad_bwoy007

After a long day I got it working.

Not sure what the issue was, but I was finally able to enter reservation mode and finally continue on to my power door lock conversion which went pretty smooth.

Thank for the help CTScott.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #133
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
After a long day I got it working.

Not sure what the issue was, but I was finally able to enter reservation mode and finally continue on to my power door lock conversion which went pretty smooth.

Thank for the help CTScott.

Very good.

The UltraStart units are definitely a bit more finicky to get going than others. When I installed mine I kept trying to start it before going through the config menus, and an hour later realized that there were certain parameters that had to be set before it would try to start. I would definitely install one again though. Two and a half years later, mine has been flawless.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #134
bad_bwoy007

Quote:
Very good.

The UltraStart units are definitely a bit more finicky to get going than others. When I installed mine I kept trying to start it before going through the config menus, and an hour later realized that there were certain parameters that had to be set before it would try to start. I would definitely install one again though. Two and a half years later, mine has been flawless.
Yea, the unit functions well and the remote I have is nice and small. Thinking about it now after the install, I could have gotten away with just install a regular automatic starter and not one specific to a manual trans because I don't park in gear.

But it def. is alot safer to make sure you never have any freak accidents.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #135
bad_bwoy007

Quote:
Very good.

Yea, the unit functions well and the remote I have is nice and small. Thinking about it now after the install, I could have gotten away with just install a regular automatic starter and not one specific to a manual trans because I don't park in gear.

But it def. is alot safer to make sure you never have any freak accidents.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #136
macky

Drives: yaris
remote starter

thank u ,ctscot ur d" man! this is my problem where can i find this illustration for my my toyota yaris (push start model) this is a sulution , many technician here in italy do not know how to installed remote starter . thanks a lot
macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #137
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by macky View Post
thank u ,ctscot ur d" man! this is my problem where can i find this illustration for my my toyota yaris (push start model) this is a sulution , many technician here in italy do not know how to installed remote starter . thanks a lot
I'll have to do a bit of research on that one. The biggest question is if any of the transponder key bypass modules can emulate the smart card used with the PTS system.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #138
macky

Drives: yaris
toyota italy

hi scott iwould to online order of bypass( NEW DEI XK05 DATA TRANSPONDER OVERRIDE INTERFACE BYPASS )or (Xpresskit DBALL DATABUS DB-ALL COMBO BYPASS ) WHICH ONE WHO WORK THE BEST FOR MY YARIS MODEL 2006 PUSH START ENGINE . HERE in ITALY MY REMOTE STARTER IS (PROSTART- O34-O743-4 ) , MY YARIS HAVE A FACTORY MOBILIZER , IDONT know THAT THE U.S HAVE SAME MODEL 2006 PUSHSTART , BUT IS THE SAME OF VENZA PUSH START. WHICH ONE YOU RECOMENDED PLS, email irenel_it@yahoo.it
macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #139
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but what type of wire taps did you use CTScott? Scotchlok? I'm wondering because the heavy gauge starter wires are a lot larger than what I've seen available.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #140
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinlamothe View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but what type of wire taps did you use CTScott? Scotchlok? I'm wondering because the heavy gauge starter wires are a lot larger than what I've seen available.
Actually, all of the wires you will connect to on the Yaris are low current, "control" wires, rather than high current ones, which is what the remote starters are setup to handle, hence their giant size.

So, the issue is seriously mismatched wire sizes for the tap splices. Since the car side is the important side, I actually use the tap splices sized for the car's wires (which are the red ones {24-18 AWG}). When you crimp them onto the small gauge car wire and large gauge remote starter wires, some of the strands of the remote starter wire will get cut off, but what remains will be at least the same gauge as the car wire.

I do use the Scotchlok ones and find them to be better quality than many of the other brands.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #141
devinlamothe

Quote:
Actually, all of the wires you will connect to on the Yaris are low current, "control" wires, rather than high current ones, which is what the remote starters are setup to handle, hence their giant size.

So, the issue is seriously mismatched wire sizes for the tap splices. Since the car side is the important side, I actually use the tap splices sized for the car's wires (which are the red ones {24-18 AWG}). When you crimp them onto the small gauge car wire and large gauge remote starter wires, some of the strands of the remote starter wire will get cut off, but what remains will be at least the same gauge as the car wire.

I do use the Scotchlok ones and find them to be better quality than many of the other brands.
Thanks for the info Scott.

So I finally did get the Scotchlok connectors as well as my remote start but I am having some issues getting it going.

This is a Viper 4203v unit (Responder One):

Starter wires -> car wires

Pink Ignition -> Green ignition
Pink/White Secondary ignition -> Pink ignition
Purple Starter -> Black starter
Orange Accessory -> White accessory
Red 12v - 12v on fuse panel (top)

Black/White Neutral Switch -> to ground
Violet/White Tach wire -> L.Green on OBD2
Brown brake -> Green brake +12
Grey hoodswitch -> not connected

Everything looks like it is connected properly, but it seems the unit will not turn on. I would think if the unit was powering up I would see the red LED come on for at least a second but it does not.

I have checked my connections with a multi-meter and everything looks good.

Is there something I am missing here? I have never installed a remote start before and reading through this thread made me think it was easy, lol.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #142
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Thanks for the info Scott.

So I finally did get the Scotchlok connectors as well as my remote start but I am having some issues getting it going.

This is a Viper 4203v unit (Responder One):

Starter wires -> car wires

Pink Ignition -> Green ignition
Pink/White Secondary ignition -> Pink ignition
Purple Starter -> Black starter
Orange Accessory -> White accessory

Black/White Neutral Switch -> to ground
Violet/White Tach wire -> L.Green on OBD2
Brown brake -> Green brake +12
Grey hoodswitch -> not connected

Everything looks like it is connected properly, but it seems the unit will not turn on. I would think if the unit was powering up I would see the red LED come on for at least a second but it does not.

I have checked my connections with a multi-meter and everything looks good.

Is there something I am missing here? I have never installed a remote start before and reading through this thread made me think it was easy, lol.

I don't have the manual for the 4203v, but what you are connected to looks good. Check the install manual for a start-up or configuration process that may have to be done before it will work.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #143
devinlamothe

Quote:
I don't have the manual for the 4203v, but what you are connected to looks good. Check the install manual for a start-up or configuration process that may have to be done before it will work.
The only thing I can see that I didn't do is the 'tach learning' ... I'm going to try that and see if it works.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #144
devinlamothe

Quote:
The only thing I can see that I didn't do is the 'tach learning' ... I'm going to try that and see if it works.
OK tried that still nothing.

I am wondering if the hood safety switch needs to be connected to ground for the unit to operate. They don't really explain in the manual except saying it NEEDS to be connected (I've read you don't have to connect it but I guess it's worth a try).