Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #19
sfamicom

Drives: Yaris LE 2012 3 door automatic
I have the same kind of question - my car is the Black Sand Pearl, so it has a metallic look. Will this ruin that aspect of the paint job?
sfamicom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #20
bobolinko
Bob

Drives: Yaris and Scion XD 5 spd BSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfamicom View Post
I have the same kind of question - my car is the Black Sand Pearl, so it has a metallic look. Will this ruin that aspect of the paint job?
I have the same color! It is TRULY AWESOME when you're done. I HIGHLY Recommend using a PC Buffer using MF pads, when applying the product. You won't be geting all the black fingernails, etc. Not to mention, the result is a MUCH smoother finish. You will not be able to place a MF towel on the hood after you're done.... It'll just slide off and fall on the ground. I do mine every few months (more than needs to be) and our small cars make the application process so fast anyway... It's easy, and the results will be more than worth your time!

Black Sand Pearl will never have looked so nice! The result is a much DEEPER shine and the black just jumps out at you. Do it!, you won't regret it.
You can take that to the bank!
bobolinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #21
HANZO_187
#CarFiend-HANZO188

Drives: 2011 Toyota Vios
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobolinko View Post
I have the same color! It is TRULY AWESOME when you're done. I HIGHLY Recommend using a PC Buffer using MF pads, when applying the product. You won't be geting all the black fingernails, etc. Not to mention, the result is a MUCH smoother finish. You will not be able to place a MF towel on the hood after you're done.... It'll just slide off and fall on the ground. I do mine every few months (more than needs to be) and our small cars make the application process so fast anyway... It's easy, and the results will be more than worth your time!

Black Sand Pearl will never have looked so nice! The result is a much DEEPER shine and the black just jumps out at you. Do it!, you won't regret it.
You can take that to the bank!
Thanks guys for puttin this out there, I'm gonna give this wax a shot. I tried the NU FINISH wax and it was alright, Turtle Wax Black here I come.
HANZO_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #22
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
I've been looking at this stuff too, thread confirmed that money will be spent on it :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #23
HANZO_187
#CarFiend-HANZO188

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_miles View Post
I've been looking at this stuff too, thread confirmed that money will be spent on it :)
Oh yeah, Consider the same for me. I got the black sand pearl paint job so I'm gonna give this wax a shot with a quick aplicator...how ever you spell it. Lol but consider it sold and I'll post a few pictures of the finished product here with a before and after.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #24
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
***Do not get the wax on white/light colored paint***

Folks, you can use the black wax on your black plastic trim too...it's does a much much better job than the "back to black" type products I've used. I do the faded/weathered fender flares, trim, mirrors, etc on my other cars and a month later it still looks better.

It takes a lot of extra work to get the black off of a white car. I did the flares on my Wrangler and got some of the wax on the paint thinking it would wipe clean, that is not the case.

If you're going to use it on a light colored car do yourself a favor and mask the trim before you start, or at least stand by with some rubbing alcohol to immediately clean any mistakes(not in 5 min, like right now). It really is an amazing product when it comes to making black blacker...or white blacker, or tan blacker, or.... ;)

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #25
HANZO_187
#CarFiend-HANZO188

Yikes... Ok I'm gonna remember that. Black on black only, Thank god for that being said.
Could of cost me a pain in the ass.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #26
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
I used this product also.. both mine and my buddy's 2012 wrx.. You can really tell a difference with this product. well worth it. we still have enough to do both our cars again.. So you can easily get 5-6 waxes out of 1 box.. recommend use is twice a year.. cant beat that kinda paint protection
Old 11-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #27
HANZO_187
#CarFiend-HANZO188

^^ Yeah I hear you on that. I'm gonna get my paycheck and get that for sure and see how the outcome is. I'll post a few photos in here (Not HUGE ones so you can see the whole car.)
Old 11-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #28
geniusmusicman
The Quiet Guy

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris 4-Door 1.5L
Can this product be used on the Flint Mica paint?
geniusmusicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #29
liseky
Stoplight ahead!

Drives: 2007 Flinty Yaris Sedan
If anyone is willing or if it is possible.. if you can send me a small sample of the product and I will try it on my car's Flint Mica paint. Probably on the side mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusmusicman View Post
Can this product be used on the Flint Mica paint?
liseky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:09 PM   #30
Dixienormis90

Drives: 2013 yaris hb
The black box is amazing, I've used it on my Jeep since I got it. Just make sure you have several hours to spare.
Dixienormis90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #31
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
dixie, or others, what's the duration of this wax?
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:24 PM   #32
mr_miles

Mine is black sand pearl. It amplifies the sparkle. Its my favorite wax to use, and I wax my car twice a year. Once at the beginning of summer, and once at the beginning of winter :) keeps it looking fresh and new!

Quote:
Old 11-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #33
justjesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_miles View Post
Mine is black sand pearl. It amplifies the sparkle. Its my favorite wax to use, and I wax my car twice a year.
2x a year sounds good to me!

Mr Miles, is this what your color looks like? (below link)
I'm in need to do some rock chip repair next, and want to make sure I get the right color (I don't want to talk to the dealerships yet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXAMDfOZst4
Old 11-11-2014, 08:37 PM   #34
mr_miles

Yes, that looks right.if you need rock chip repair, I actually recommended the dealer, only because they sell paint pens for about 8 dollars. You can easily do it yourself :) toothpicks work wonders for small chips. Then a good wax and it is very difficult to see the old chips.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #35
justjesus

8$ is actually pretty cheap. I thought they would charge like 20$ or something!

toothpicks is an interesting idea. i'll definitely try it out, along with the "touch up brushes" that have a tiny tip. I have quite a few chips, various sizes, and I plan to take my time to make it look as close to factory as possible. I'll likely make a video and post it up here.

Wish me luck! And thanks for the reply :)
Old 11-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #36
mr_miles

Dont be discouraged if it looks to thin when you apply it. I prefer to do it 2 or 3 times on one chip so I tend to use a very very small amount as I worry it will dry and be a little bump. :)

Quote: