Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-24-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
sportivoecho

Drives: toyota echo sportivo
NEED HELP PLEASE!

hello all fellow 1nzfe-ers

im in the process of an engine build, i currently have the zage turbo kit. i was hoping for some recommendations from the veterans.

there is a really good bundle package of:
wiseco pistons + molnar rods for $800 suited for a 75mm bore

and there is also another package with the same brands aimed for the 75.5mm bore.

im not sure which one to purchase?

and also, if im going for 200hp, would the 1zz injectors be enough or do i need to go with the 2zz?

another item is an aftermarket intake manifold. now i know through research that its hard to find any for the 1nzfe. companies like golden eagle, micro image, tooter etc made them but theyve become extremely rare now.

so i was hoping the members on this wonderful forum could give me some advice and guide me to the right direction!

thanks
sportivoecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:05 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
There's lots of info here and there about which injectors to use for a given PSI, and which--if any--require a fuel pump upgrade. Fnkngrv is one of the most active members that is doing forced induction right now, and has a LOT of documentation on his builds.

Fnkngrv and I are working on a flange design for an intake manifold. He may be interested in getting a group buy going to reduce the individual cost, but the actual fabrication would be up to each buyer. I currently run the Blitz S/C, so I don't have a direct need for an intake flange, but I'm happy to help the community with the design work.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:23 AM   #3
sportivoecho

Drives: toyota echo sportivo
thank you so much for the reply. im currently running 10psi which the standard pump is JUST keeping up with with 1zz injectors. im currently at the safe 150hp. my aim is 14-16 psi at 200-220hp.

i tried messaging fnkngrv but i think there is something wrong with my account ad i csnt seem to see any of my sent messages it just says "zero" which has lead mr to believe im inable to send anything lol

its great to know that theres veterans like you guys around who can help the newbies like us.
sportivoecho is offline   Reply With Quote