Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #37
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAR1S View Post
whats that car? I think we have one here but its electric?
Yup! like Thomas said, 2003 Tiburon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
I admire you lol I have realized that I don't have the time or the patience to do my own work anymore ... it's sad when life has you so busy that you're willing to pay whatever someone charges to put on a CAI for you lol
And I admire you for having the good sense to pay a professional lol! Time yes, every project takes me a long time, but if you heard some of words I use while working you would not call it patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
that's awesome...i don't think i'd try and work on my car myself so, much respect
Thanks so much

I've gotten in way over my head more than once but it worked in the end, which just proves if I can do it, just about *anyone* can.

Say am I remembering right that you are Jenarae's bro?
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #38
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurokoma-kun View Post
Say am I remembering right that you are Jenarae's bro?
sure am...
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #39
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
any ladies with a supercharged Yaris ?? idk what that means but my husband asked me to ask u all since he has a sedan as well
DandiDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #40
jenarae

Drives: No more Yaris!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
sure am...

haha here i am!
Old 08-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #41
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDani View Post
any ladies with a supercharged Yaris ?? idk what that means but my husband asked me to ask u all since he has a sedan as well
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=10
Old 08-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #42
LEGATO``

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNet0 View Post
i believe that she is the one and only in there haha
Old 08-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #43
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Uhhh.. KK put hers on first. Kudos to both the ladies because they also autocross their cars.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #44
kurokoma-kun

Quote:
I installed a supercharger on my car last winter. There's a picture of it in my garage album.

You may have heard people say that our cars have a four-cylinder, internal combustion engine. Each cylinder is just a tube in the engine that has a piston (a part that goes up and down) inside. Basically, the movement of the pistons is what makes the power that turns the wheels of the car.

To make the power, air and fuel get mixed together inside the cylinder above each piston. The spark plug ignites the air/fuel mixture, and that little explosion (combustion) drives down the piston--the force created is then transmitted to other parts of the car, and off you go.

The Blitz supercharger I have is a pretty complex part! It connects to the outside of the engine, and replaces one of the stock pieces. What it does is compress the air before it goes into the cylinders. More air means more fuel can be mixed with it, so the engine can do more work in each cycle of fuel burning. In other words it has more horsepower.

Summary: supercharger =
Old 08-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #45
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
Quote:
I installed a supercharger on my car last winter. There's a picture of it in my garage album.

You may have heard people say that our cars have a four-cylinder, internal combustion engine. Each cylinder is just a tube in the engine that has a piston (a part that goes up and down) inside. Basically, the movement of the pistons is what makes the power that turns the wheels of the car.

To make the power, air and fuel get mixed together inside the cylinder above each piston. The spark plug ignites the air/fuel mixture, and that little explosion (combustion) drives down the piston--the force created is then transmitted to other parts of the car, and off you go.

The Blitz supercharger I have is a pretty complex part! It connects to the outside of the engine, and replaces one of the stock pieces. What it does is compress the air before it goes into the cylinders. More air means more fuel can be mixed with it, so the engine can do more work in each cycle of fuel burning. In other words it has more horsepower.

Summary: supercharger =

Sounds just like what he said to me but i didnt think any girls in here had one.. Well i guess what I mean is that its just a car for me i dont need that or any girl unless you like to drive fast, but thats just me
He showed me the price for one of them thingimajigis OMG that is crazy $3,000.00 is to much to go like you said lol.
DandiDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #46
kurokoma-kun

Quote:
Sounds just like what he said to me but i didnt think any girls in here had one.. Well i guess what I mean is that its just a car for me i dont need that or any girl unless you like to drive fast, but thats just me
He showed me the price for one of them thingimajigis OMG that is crazy $3,000.00 is to much to go like you said lol.
ahahahaha I thought he was wanting you to find out about it because HE wanted one! hmmm *could* that be the case?

Yes it was a lot of money and trouble, but I learned so much and the thing makes me happy, every day how can you put a price tag on that.

But then I do love cars and going fast (on the racetrack only) so for me it has been worth it.

Did you see the pink steering wheel kustom play has for sale? I think you said you like pink, what do you think of it?
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20732
Old 08-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #47
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
LOL na I know what it is but i was just wondering if any chick in here had one since u know chicks dont care about the rides as much as "us" the guys.so i had her ask you all here, and Honestly i didnt any chick had a supercharged Yaris i know of guys but no chick well now i do lol. so she asked me what it was and i told her in other words Boost but that wasnt good enuf so i had to get into details like u just did lol
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #48
2+2

Drives: 09 3Dr Manual
Quote:
Hello fellow ladies!

So lurk all you want fellas, IF this new thread goes anywhere I expect you will once again find it about as exciting as going shopping with 25 females.
I love you ladies, pretty much worship your every nuanced move but I can't even imagine the horror of that! LOL
Old 08-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #49
yarisgirl100

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Send a message via Yahoo to yarisgirl100
here's me...

here's my yaris!
yarisgirl100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:24 AM   #50
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Ahhhhhh a Girl in my screen
Old 08-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #51
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Quote:
haha well, since you are being so sweet about all this, here's a pic of me installing my header, midpipe and exhaust last Fall--grease, dirt, broken fingernails and all

I'll have to see what other old photos I may have Everyone here used to post their pics a lot more in the past, it only takes a few rude comments to spoil the fun though

You know what this picture looks like you got ran over by a YARIS lmao How does it feel
Old 08-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #52
Slitwrist Smile

Drives: 2008 yari sedan/2007 sc'd tC
Quote:
haha well, since you are being so sweet about all this, here's a pic of me installing my header, midpipe and exhaust last Fall--grease, dirt, broken fingernails and all

I'll have to see what other old photos I may have Everyone here used to post their pics a lot more in the past, it only takes a few rude comments to spoil the fun though
I think you are f'ing awesome.
:)
Slitwrist Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:34 AM   #53
johnnypaseo

Drives: Toyota paseo
Wow im liking this thread =)
johnnypaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #54
obxcassandra

Drives: 2009 Yaris 5 DR LB Automatic
Did you see the pink steering wheel kustom play has for sale? I think you said you like pink, what do you think of it?
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20732

OMG I WANT ONE.
Cassandra
obxcassandra is offline   Reply With Quote