Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #37
thatbryanguy

Drives: Yaris 3dr hatch
Well now the current issue is something g I need to deal with but at least I can drive it. Right now everytime I go into neutral from mid-high rpms the engine shuts off. Or if I sit idle too long the rpms very slowly keep dropping till about 600 then the engine stalls itself. It's strange but no codes or anything and I just start it back up and go. Every now and then it will rev itself all the way to 3000 rpm out of no where but then drop back down to 1000. Upon initial start up everytime it sputters and fluctuates a lot until I give it gas. It's interesting and will soon become annoying. Any thoughts? Strange settings on my fuel map maybe?
thatbryanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #38
yariSB86

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Yaris LB
Thats exactly what i'm dealing with. I've ordered an 08 ecu to install and see if that works. I've already checked for vacuum/boost leaks. The car runs fine when i bypass the FIC. New ecu should get here later this week, hopefully. So I can update once its here :)
Old 05-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #39
kou

Drives: 08 lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatbryanguy View Post
Well now the current issue is something g I need to deal with but at least I can drive it. Right now everytime I go into neutral from mid-high rpms the engine shuts off. Or if I sit idle too long the rpms very slowly keep dropping till about 600 then the engine stalls itself. It's strange but no codes or anything and I just start it back up and go. Every now and then it will rev itself all the way to 3000 rpm out of no where but then drop back down to 1000. Upon initial start up everytime it sputters and fluctuates a lot until I give it gas. It's interesting and will soon become annoying. Any thoughts? Strange settings on my fuel map maybe?
My car started to do that when I was running a 1zz throttle body, it started maybe 6months after install. I eventually put the stock tb back and never had the problem again. Now I'm boosted so no real need for it anyway.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #40
thatbryanguy

Yea I may go back to the 1nz TB just to see.

@yariSB86, yea I'm running the 08 ECU now and that's the current condition. I've bypassed it now since cranking the starter every stop light isn't something I wanna do...
Old 05-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #41
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Even though this ended up possibly not being the ECU I figured that I would chime in that I have received the flashed 07 ECU from Scott and will be installing it this weekend to see if it resolves my crank sensor issue when my FIC isn't bypassed.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #42
yariSB86

Yes totally want to know how that goes.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #43
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yariSB86 View Post
Thats exactly what i'm dealing with. I've ordered an 08 ecu to install and see if that works. I've already checked for vacuum/boost leaks. The car runs fine when i bypass the FIC. New ecu should get here later this week, hopefully. So I can update once its here :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
My car started to do that when I was running a 1zz throttle body, it started maybe 6months after install. I eventually put the stock tb back and never had the problem again. Now I'm boosted so no real need for it anyway.
Quote:
Yea I may go back to the 1nz TB just to see.

@yariSB86, yea I'm running the 08 ECU now and that's the current condition. I've bypassed it now since cranking the starter every stop light isn't something I wanna do...

This is why I mentioned "proceed with caution" in the thread recommending the 1ZZ ....

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #44
thatbryanguy

The 1zz has worked great for a while now but just with this ECU swap its starting to act up :/
Old 06-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #45
thatbryanguy

I think I'm gonna try to send my 07 ECU to Scott, swap it back to that before I go back to the 1nz TB since the 1zz worked great till I swapped the ECU out now it acts up funny all the time even without the FIC plugged in. Update soon.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #46
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Even though this ended up possibly not being the ECU I figured that I would chime in that I have received the flashed 07 ECU from Scott and will be installing it this weekend to see if it resolves my crank sensor issue when my FIC isn't bypassed.

As an update I wasn't able to get my ECU swapped out yet. Family obligations along with the weather than came through became stumbling blocks and I don't have use of my garage right now so hopefully in the next couple days I can spare some time from work.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:32 AM   #47
thatbryanguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
As an update I wasn't able to get my ECU swapped out yet. Family obligations along with the weather than came through became stumbling blocks and I don't have use of my garage right now so hopefully in the next couple days I can spare some time from work.
Sweet thanks man!
Old 06-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #48
DKN-YARIS

Drives: YARIS HB
Has anyone figured out exactly What the culprid behind the engine stalling with the fic plugged in? My yard is an '08 already so safe to say it's not the ecm. I'm running with 1zz injectors and after setting the response time higher to 810 the problem happens almost everyone I stop. If I bring it as low as 486us (default in the setup) it runs better but still stalls. Everything works fine when bypassed. So fustrated!!!!
DKN-YARIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #49
thatbryanguy

Are you running the stock throttle body or the 1zz throttle body?
Old 06-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #50
DKN-YARIS

Quote:
Running stock TB.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #51
DKN-YARIS

Quote:
Are you still getting the random misfire codes? I had it come up just once since i've been playing around with the car to figure out this stalling. I erased the code and its yet to come back...
Old 06-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #52
yariSB86

I'm running 07 yaris manual transmission with stock ecu, new colder/shorter gapped spark plugs, 1zz fuel injectors, stock throttle body, 93 octane gas and i stall almost every time when i come to neutral if the FIC is plugged in. Only codes i get are, with the FIC plugged in, p0172. With the FIC bypassed i only get p0335.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #53
DKN-YARIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yariSB86 View Post
I'm running 07 yaris manual transmission with stock ecu, new colder/shorter gapped spark plugs, 1zz fuel injectors, stock throttle body, 93 octane gas and i stall almost every time when i come to neutral if the FIC is plugged in. Only codes i get are, with the FIC plugged in, p0172. With the FIC bypassed i only get p0335.
I had one of the two CEL threw a few times, i changed the Camshaft position sensor and using the following settings:

AEM FI/C
x300 firmware
*z104 firmware (slave chip)
injector response set to 648us (using 1zz injectors)

*i'm currently trying all slave chip firmware to see which one has less of a harder time while starting the car. with z104 it takes a few tries before the car turns over.

I spent the past week and a bit trying to figure out what was causing the stalling as it only happens when the FI/C is plugged in leading me to believe it had something to do with firmware + settings making the car stall.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #54
yariSB86

My F/IC

So here is my setup:

-Stock 07 ECU
-Stock throttle body
-1zz fuel injectors
-NGK iridium, shorter gapped spark plugs
-Zage turbo kit
-stock oil pan, "tapped" the upper oil pan assembly for return
-K&N oil filter, have a sandwich adaptor for oil pressure sensor and oil feed to turbo
-Royal Purple 5w30 synthetic oil
-Custom 2.25" turbo back exhaust

Lastly my FIC setup:

Does anyone see anything that would cause the car to stall out whenever in neutral? Feedback on anything is greatly appreciated also. Thanks everyone.