Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-31-2006, 02:53 PM   #19
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
jdm kit

I am importing a full lip kit from a jdm company - front lip, side skirts and rear lip. It is being painted pro bono by them and should be here within the next week or two. Ill let everyone know how it fits - If all goes well I will be distributing these kits to NA.
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:53 PM   #20
GD-RS

Drives: Black Golf...for now
That's what I'm wondering. Short of making any serious modifications to the bumper/supports, are there any OEM (apart from Aus Sportivo Acc.) front spoiler/lips that will fit the dimensionsof an USDM bumper??

PS. there was a post on the other bodykit thread about someone importing a JDM kit that apparently fit the NA Yaris....so...dunno
GD-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:56 PM   #21
GD-RS

Drives: Black Golf...for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeukrainetz
I am importing a full lip kit from a jdm company - front lip, side skirts and rear lip. It is being painted pro bono by them and should be here within the next week or two. Ill let everyone know how it fits - If all goes well I will be distributing these kits to NA.
It you who I was talking about then (we must have been posting at the same time.)

Did the manufacturer of this kit mention any issues with the fit on US spec>??
GD-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:55 PM   #22
mikeukrainetz

Yes, I had posted that thread.

They did not mention any fitment issues - they must assume the parts are similar or the same. I am demo'ing this kit, they are painting it there for me (metallic paint isnt the cheapest kind) free of charge. I cant imagine they would go through all the trouble if they knew of any problems.
I will post photos, fitment, quality information etc etc once the kit arrives.

Again, if you or anyone else is interested please let me know, obviously the earlier I know how many people are seriously interested the sooner I can get them here.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:39 PM   #23
mikeukrainetz

Just on a side note -

I have done quite a bit of research on body kits available abroad - not so much for fitment but for availability and price.

The C-One kits as well as many others are exorbitantly expensive. Many kits are somewhere around 2500 CAN.
(300+ per side skirt - 5-700+ for front and rear bumpers each)

Quite a few are more expensive.

Air freight for my kit which is only a lip kit is almost 700 CAN, imagine shipping something three times the size and weight....

All in all your looking to spend the better part of 1/3 your cars total price to buy and fit a full body kit depending on where you go to get it fitted and painted, with or without nec. modifications.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:59 PM   #24
BulletProofAuto

Drives: 00 itr
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeukrainetz
Just on a side note -

I have done quite a bit of research on body kits available abroad - not so much for fitment but for availability and price.

The C-One kits as well as many others are exorbitantly expensive. Many kits are somewhere around 2500 CAN.
(300+ per side skirt - 5-700+ for front and rear bumpers each)

Quite a few are more expensive.

Air freight for my kit which is only a lip kit is almost 700 CAN, imagine shipping something three times the size and weight....

All in all your looking to spend the better part of 1/3 your cars total price to buy and fit a full body kit depending on where you go to get it fitted and painted, with or without nec. modifications.
You'd be looking at a price of around $3300.00 for the full c-one kit, this includes:
front lip
grill(most expensive grill ever)
carbon hood
side skirts
rear under spoiler
rear wing.

If you subtract the grill and the wing which some people may not want and you're looking at a price around $2200.00.

The kits are no more expensive then any other comparable vehicle imo. The modellista kit that so many people like should only run in the $1600-$1800 range.

^these are all estimates I'm making looking at the yen prices and adding in customs fees and ocean freight and by no means are a sales ad or quote.
BulletProofAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:23 PM   #25
TopSecretGenki
The Xtremer

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sport "hatch"
Send a message via ICQ to TopSecretGenki Send a message via AIM to TopSecretGenki Send a message via Yahoo to TopSecretGenki
ok my Yaris Owners
got Grate news for all.... yup all C-one, Ings+1, Kenstyle, Aeroover, DAMD and Varis, Yaris body kits are ready to be order and ship rite to you... renamber thay are a litle expensive because day are Original C-One Body Kits directly from Japan.
go to http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...p?category=204
and yes all kits will fit the US and Canada Versions, expt the sedan!! only the hatch.
my C-One Kit w/ GT Wing and Mudflaps are on there way to me!!
TopSecretGenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:48 AM   #26
EddyCocaine

Drives: Soon To Be Blue Liftback.
just wait till november, because then Kaminari USA will be releasing their body kit for the yaris at SEMA. so hold tight for a month and you'll be garaunteed a fit.
EddyCocaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #27
StumpS

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5 DR HB
The Kaminari kit is.... yawn..
StumpS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:15 PM   #28
mikeukrainetz

its been a long time since being around, moving etc. so hope replying to this thread isnt a waste.

I have (had) a full lip kit for a JDM Yaris.

Front lip fit with slight trimming.

Side skirts fit fine.

Rear lip will not fit without MAJOR reworking.

That being said dont take my word as gospel, some manufacturers dont have access to USDM Yaris to fit to. The company I had been working with ships kits out to trial fit, they are shipped back with the nec. mods and they redo the molds. Unless thats been done dont assume any parts will fit.