Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-01-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
YogiYaris

Drives: Blue 2007 Toyota Yaris
Cost of Turbo kit

Hello, I live in Tampa Florida and I am thinking of buying a Yaris to save on fuel. I am between this vehicle and an evolution 9. How much would it cost to Turbo a Yaris, keep in mind all labor will be at a shop which charges 80 bucks an hour. Also, I have heard it is difficult to alter computer configurations. Please help I want to buy something but I don't know if I should suck up the cost of gas and buy an evo or if I can make a Yaris perform well enough to keep me happy. I am thinking of the Yaris not only for gas but for reliability as well. I need to figure out how much it would cost me to build a performing yaris with a used price of like 9k
YogiYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
smokinyaris

Drives: bad boy
bro i own both of those cars...................and there way different car so dont even compare them..............evo is fast and its AWD and insurance is no near close to a yaris and if you want to fix up the evo its going to cost arm and a leg to fix it up nice...................yaris is a great daily driver thats great on gas and very easy on insurance...................
smokinyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
also, you'll probably have to run premium fuel with the turbo yaris...
Old 10-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
MPG-brian

Drives: Toyota Matrix XRS
with 6k you should be able to turbo your yaris w/ goodies and a good tuning.......better yet, swap a 2zz-ge into the yaris and you will be king of the road with some suspension mods!
Old 10-01-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
2zz puts you at 180 at the crank, Turbo #'s are just over that, but at the wheels, boosting the 1NZ in the Yaris is still new, but I bet there will be a 200WHP Boosted Yaris soon... but you can go 2zz and boost it later then be crazy fast.... or you could just go monster garage and stuff the 3SGTE, then you would truely be "king of the road"
Old 10-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #6
YogiYaris

Drives: Blue 2007 Toyota Yaris
Yeah I really like the Yaris and I auto cross so I think that with some suspension mods it will be awesome. The problem with the motor swaps is how would I control the computer. My friend said that the best thing to do is go full stand alone regardless what I would do to the Yaris. But with tuning and the EMS itself I would be looking at something like 2500 dollars because new maps would have to be made. IDK I want something reliable and I don't know if doing a swap will keep the car reliable. If I buy an evo I will get an MR and some good sticky tires for the track and leave the car stock. I wouldn't heavily modify the Evo, but thats what has me worried about the Yaris. I know that I will have to heavily modify it to meet my expectations and I don't want my car to be in the shop every week.
YogiYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:30 PM   #7
bluetwo

Drives: WRX
It's be crazy to boost the lil bugger. :D

I say go with whatever you want though.
bluetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
I know this thread is pretty old, and you're probably not here, or something. Whatever.

Anyways, theres a homeboy in Florida trying to make a turbo kit that'll cost less than $2500 bucks, or will cost that much.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
it IS cool in an awkward sort of way how all the old threads are being revived.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:19 PM   #10
AznGouki
Metsu

Drives: NCP91 ; E36
Hahaha. Goooooooood stuff.