Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
evo165

Drives: peArL yAvItZ!!
Send a message via MSN to evo165
Armster Armrest Console, anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Toyota-YARIS-...item19b5348ca7

Anyone here using it? I am seriously looking for a good armrest.

Personally i love the look of the JDM console but they are really seem too low to use it as armrest. As for the OEM USDM armrest will be nice to use but i just hate the rear cup holder extended further out than the stock cup holder position. & they are black ABS plastis unlike our dark gray plastis...
1NZ-FE Yaris with JDM RS front & rear bumper | JDM Vitz RS taillamp | JDM Vitz window visors | JDM Vitz Netz logos | JDM leather steering wheel & shift knob | 4k HID | K&N panel filter | Fujitsubo Wagolis exhaust | NST 10% crank pully | KYB Excel-G shocks | NF210 Springs | Cusco 4 points lower arm bar & Type OS top struct bar | RZCrew sub-frame collars | Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar & rear lower & center braces | PG Rear 13mm hub spacers | Exzess 2-pot calipers with 282mm rotors | Runstop Rear Disc | SSR Semi-Forge Type F 15" rims | Michelin Pilot Sport 3 195/55/15 tyres
evo165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
Freedan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Bayou Blue 3DR Lift
Have you seen the arm rest that Micro Image is selling?

http://shop.microimageonline.com/Lif...terConsole.htm
Freedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:14 AM   #3
evo165

Yup saw them couple of days ago. Will love to have as OEM touch & look as possible. ;) Thanks for the info.
1NZ-FE Yaris with JDM RS front & rear bumper | JDM Vitz RS taillamp | JDM Vitz window visors | JDM Vitz Netz logos | JDM leather steering wheel & shift knob | 4k HID | K&N panel filter | Fujitsubo Wagolis exhaust | NST 10% crank pully | KYB Excel-G shocks | NF210 Springs | Cusco 4 points lower arm bar & Type OS top struct bar | RZCrew sub-frame collars | Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar & rear lower & center braces | PG Rear 13mm hub spacers | Exzess 2-pot calipers with 282mm rotors | Runstop Rear Disc | SSR Semi-Forge Type F 15" rims | Michelin Pilot Sport 3 195/55/15 tyres
Old 09-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #4
chrisj
Hooch Brewer-Shine Sipper

Drives: 2009 5-dr LB
That just reminded me! I need to order that!
Old 09-26-2010, 07:10 AM   #5
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
I just bought one from MicroImage. It's pretty nice, but I wish it was a little
higher at times. I see that the Armster one has more flexibility, as it can be
adjusted for height and flip up out of the way.
http://www.armrests-uk.com/

Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:16 AM   #6
evo165

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
That just reminded me! I need to order that!
Pls order & install it with pictures & review it...!! ;)
Old 09-26-2010, 08:04 AM   #7
chrisj

Well, the only reason I am even considering the Micro Image armrest is that is replaces the cupholder lost by installing the armrest. The Armster one doesn't even have one, looking at the pictures. One of my biggest complaints in our old Avalon was the complete lack of cupholders for backseat passengers. We use ours regularly, so I can't lose it.

So yes, I will be ordering the MI one, probably this week.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #8
evo165

I am considering if the Armster worth it for the high pricing as compare to MI armrest...
Old 09-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
That one looks pretty nice. According to the website, it's only sold in Europe. Is there a USA distributor?

From the eBay link:
$186 + $40 = $226 shipped to USA -- OUCH.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #10
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Well, the only reason I am even considering the Micro Image armrest is that is replaces the cupholder lost by installing the armrest. The Armster one doesn't even have one, looking at the pictures. One of my biggest complaints in our old Avalon was the complete lack of cupholders for backseat passengers. We use ours regularly, so I can't lose it.

So yes, I will be ordering the MI one, probably this week.
Y'know there are cupholders in the side panel pockets of the rear seat, right?
Old 09-27-2010, 12:20 AM   #11
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
I'm not sure I like the mounting procedure to that Armster one. It is only held in by four screws that you have to pre-drill into the side of the existing console, and they look to be in an area that is not very solid for mounting. IE, the rear screws look like they drill into the side where the existing cupholder is.

I have the factory Toyota one, and while it is better than none at all, I wouldn't really recommend it. It is too high for me and gets in the way of shifting into 2nd and 4th if you have a manual transaxle. It flips up, but that is it. There is no storage, and the cupholder that is molded into the back is not the same size as the cupholder that is part of the OE console. Also, it is black, and doesn't quite match the fabric and plastics of the rest of the interior.

YMMV. But I would at least try the MI one. At worst, you can send it back or sell it on here.

-SAV

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:23 AM   #12
chrisj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Y'know there are cupholders in the side panel pockets of the rear seat, right?
Side panel what? Hmmm... you know, I don't think I've even been in the back seat yet.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:57 AM   #13
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
But I would at least try the MI one. At worst, you can send it back or sell it on here.
That's right! If it's still "as new", you can return product to me for 100% refund (you cover the return shipping).
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:47 AM   #14
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
The MI leatherish armrest is great IMO, not to low, fits perfectly and is very solid even without bolting it down - feels great.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:55 AM   #15
evo165

Hi Garm, can you please confirm the colour of the plastic (the one you're selling)?

Hi swidd, iziit possible for you to take couple of more pictures to share with us? thank you... ;)
Old 09-27-2010, 06:46 AM   #16
evo165

Quote:
Side panel what? Hmmm... you know, I don't think I've even been in the back seat yet.
Chrisj, what madmax meant is the rear door side inner trim board on our Yaris. It actually have cup holder on each side. :)
Old 09-27-2010, 06:48 AM   #17
chrisj

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo165 View Post
Chrisj, what madmax meant is the rear door side inner trim board on our Yaris. It actually have cup holder on each side. :)
Oh okay. Sweet! Another feature I didn't know about.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #18
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
Pictures inbound...
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote