Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-10-2007, 02:08 AM   #1
myt

Drives: Blazing Blue 07 YAris
Question Question for LB owners with windows tinted

Hey all,
I am going to get my windows tinted on my blazin blue LB. I had an idea of going with limo tint on the back windows and 30% or 35%(whichever is the legal limit) on the front 2. But I am afraid on how it would look. So if you guys have any pics on your setup and can let me know the % I would greatly appreciate it.

MYT
myt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:18 AM   #2
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
It would probably be really hard to see out of at night. I know 5% on anything at night and it will be pitch black.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:56 AM   #3
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
i did 50% on the back windows & 15% on the side & windshield verry happy with it
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:01 AM   #4
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

here's the pix DSC06918.JPG

Old 08-10-2007, 07:17 AM   #5
myt

Quote:
i did 50% on the back windows & 15% on the side & windshield verry happy with it
Huh? Do you have the numbers reversed? Because I always thought that the higher the number the lighter the tint. I like the look a lot though black. How hard is it to see out the back window at night?

Thanks,
MYT
Old 08-10-2007, 07:30 AM   #6
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
I got 32% sides and back. Turned out darker than I thought it would... I attribute that partially to the all-black interior that the Canadian RS gets.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:46 AM   #7
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
I did 20% all the way around - and it looks good. I had 5% on my eclipse and at night you literally had to roll the window down to see what was going on...it looked real cool though.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:08 AM   #8
myt

I was contemplating going with 20%, but I know it would be just my luck to get pulled over here because the tint is too dark. I do like the look of the 32% Doc has. But legal limit is 35%...hmmm. So maybe I will go 20 or 15 on the back and 35 on the front.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:53 AM   #9
yarisuzr

Drives: 2007 Blazing Blue Yaris

15% all the way around. I can still see out at night.
yarisuzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #10
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro

15% all the way around...
Old 08-10-2007, 10:49 AM   #11
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
I myself have a question about tint. It's illegal to tint front windows here in IL but I've heard that this guy gets away with it every time because he has astigmatism. Now, I have really bad astigmatism myself. but i'm not sure why that would be ok to use tint on front windows??

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:01 AM   #12
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
astigmatism has nothing to do with window tint.... that is BS.... and if you get a note from your doctor saying your eyes are soo light sensitive that you have to have that dark of tint, you will get a restrictive drivers licence were you are not able to drive at night.... catch 22
Old 08-10-2007, 12:29 PM   #13
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by myt View Post
Huh? Do you have the numbers reversed? Because I always thought that the higher the number the lighter the tint. I like the look a lot though black. How hard is it to see out the back window at night?

Thanks,
MYT

Yeah i might have the #'s reversed , but that's what my guy who did it called it a 15% reduction in light passing thru on the front & sides & then 50% reduction on the backs .. can't tell any difference at night(but that I don't get the glare off on coming traffic headlites thru the windsheild ) & can see out the backs just fine for backing & looking over my shoulders for the blind spot .. did the windshield soo not to show the difference in the side windows as in Calif. it's illegal to tint any side driving window as well the windsheild
Old 08-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #14
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
astigmatism has nothing to do with window tint.... that is BS.... and if you get a note from your doctor saying your eyes are soo light sensitive that you have to have that dark of tint, you will get a restrictive drivers licence were you are not able to drive at night.... catch 22
Thanks Black Yaris, I thought it was weird when I heard it the first time.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote