Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #523
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
Most of the numbers are available online like weight and wheelbase and height etc but I don't have any exact numbers.

Personally I would go with a Scion XD if you could get the weight down to the 2400lb range which I don't know if thats possible. Motor is good for well over 140hp on a Mustang Dyno, and it uses the same chassis as the Yaris with the lower roofline of the sedan, plus is has awesome gearing.
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #524
andres3165

Drives: Yaris to be
Thanks, found them, who has the most powerfull STF legal Yaris? How did he achieved it?
Headers, cai , pulleys, tuning?, header back?
I haven't seen dynos higher than 112 hp or so..

Thanks

Andres
andres3165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #525
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
will need to pick at Travis Sackwar and Alvin Francisco brain and find out whats under that hood of the yaris. I don't know anything about those guys. First I heard about them, but yet, this is my first year actually paying attention to ST national events
Old 06-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #526
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Their motor is stock with 120k on it last time I saw.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #527
ilikerice

Well then its straight up all driver then.

I know joe austin has everything that can possibly be done to his mini to make it STF legal, including a reflash on his ecu, which if i can recall correctly, it was somewhere in the 140-150 hp range when I talked to him, which was back in March.

So for Travis Sackwar to come only .100 from Joe at the June 13th national event is saying something. Joe can drive, he just has a hard time getting clean runs.

http://sololive.scca.com/STF.html
Old 06-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #528
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Power means almost nothing for most STF cars. Last I spoke with Alvin, he was doing some more suspension tuning on the car and upped the spring rate but I'm not sure how that panned out since I haven't been to an event in a few months.

There is no question Travis is a better driver than Joe, he runs a car on street tires that isn't competitive and he cleans up in DSP.

Here is a vid of Sundays course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TEl...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #529
andres3165

Definitely a great driver, car seems really strong but a little pushy, sounds amazing and great skills down shifting. Is there a way to change the Rev limiter, that would change the car big time.

How can I contact those guys?

Thanks

Andres
Old 06-17-2014, 01:07 PM   #530
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnamerxx View Post
Their motor is stock with 120k on it last time I saw.
Yup indeed. I couldn't believe it, so I asked to look under the hood. Stock down to the stock air box! He might have had an exhaust muffler, but can't recall for sure.

As Namer pointed out, last I checked with him, he was looking at stiffing up the springs.

Yes - he and his co driver are both good drivers. When I ran against them, they killed me by like 4 seconds. I doubt that's attributed to car set up!
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #531
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Video is from Tyler Colgetts STF Fit.

As far as the rev limiter, your best bet is probably to change the crystals in the ECU otherwise you'll need an aftermarket ECU or something like that.

Couldn't tell you how to get in touch with them, I only talk to them at events.

Found one of Alvins Videos from Crows Landing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxkt...IYMP8Kz84e1XHg
Old 06-30-2014, 06:45 PM   #532
ilikerice

quick question. Got a friend who is going on a track day and has a turbo. Been searching, but can't find anything about disabling the speed limiter.

Anyone got any suggestions about this or solutions?
Old 06-30-2014, 07:17 PM   #533
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Pull the speedo plug. Its what I have to do to get around it on the BS car, just make sure you don't pull the battery otherwise the ecu won't go into learning mode.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #534
BondXII

Drives: 09 Yaris, 08 X-Runner
So you go on track not knowing how fast...other than GPS? Just wondering. I don't pay much attention to the speedo anyway. Too busy paying attention to the other racers. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BondXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #535
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Basically. The speedo is way off and I can't see the gauge cluster because of the knee bar, so the only gauge I pay attention to is the tach.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #536
BondXII

Drives: 09 Yaris, 08 X-Runner
I'll try that. Would hate to have to point people by just because the old Bumble Rumble fell on its face. With your setup...how fast is too fast?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BondXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:17 PM   #537
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Usually its right around 105 on the GPS. Not sure of the track you're gonna be on so it may be an issue it might not. At the slower tracks like Big Willow or Streets of Willow its not really an issue, at faster tracks like Buttonwillow or AAA Speedway its a bit more of a problem.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #538
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

For an actual STF update, ran the AutoX car again in what feels like a really long time. Car worked exactly like it was supposed too, except I think I was overheat my RS3, not all that sure, don't really have any AutoX experience with them.

Anyway heres a video of my fast run. 4th\22 in 2nd runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE1Q8kAq4TM#t=27
Old 07-20-2014, 05:43 PM   #539
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Well another weekend another race, got 3rd place about a second behind Travis and a little under half a second behind Alvin. Nothing really to complain about, aside from the sharp right at the start made it hard to put power down, but other than that the car was tight and felt fantastic.

Had Jason@sportscar hope in and give my GF a quick instruction run. Thought it would be cool to do a side by side shot from his run to my fast run.

My run was a 58.7 and Jasons run was a 59.6. I'm sure he would have put quite a bit of time on me if he was more familiar with the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WN5...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #540
andres3165

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
Well then its straight up all driver then.

I know joe austin has everything that can possibly be done to his mini to make it STF legal, including a reflash on his ecu, which if i can recall correctly, it was somewhere in the 140-150 hp range when I talked to him, which was back in March.

So for Travis Sackwar to come only .100 from Joe at the June 13th national event is saying something. Joe can drive, he just has a hard time getting clean runs.

http://sololive.scca.com/STF.html
Finally had the chance to meet Travis and his co-driver at Nationals last week; nice guys, great drivers. Just need to prep the car a little bit more to win for sure.

Andres