Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #37
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Get it rolling Thomas. I'm not in it for the illuminated keyhole but there was some stuff on there I found interesting.
Like number 5 for the Hatchback... Sport Exhaust... If it were center mounted, it would be perfect!

And NO... I'm not letting this Center mounted exhaust thing alone until it happens!

Old 03-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #38
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Hahaha I agree!

Well, the way it looks so far, the illuminated keylight seems to be the most sought after. The way I see it, we should do a first group buy around this item.
I'll have to go to Toyota and see if they can give us a group discount, but if they say 10 pieces minimum, then we should base around that. Then, if other people want other stuff, and that it could fit into the same box (spoiler's gonna be hard, but I'm thinking smaller stuff first like trim pieces, fog lights, etc), then we can do one big order to start things off. What do you all think?
I'm up for this one!!!! Hate not being able to see the keyhole at night and having to turn on the maplight.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #39
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post
Like number 5 for the Hatchback... Sport Exhaust... If it were center mounted, it would be perfect!

And NO... I'm not letting this Center mounted exhaust thing alone until it happens!

I found out why this is so hard to do. It has to do with the limited amount of space under the liftback between the axle and the bumper. Basically, in order to do a center mounted exhaust you would have to put some bends in there that would be detrimental to overall performance and flow. It is actually easier to do on a sedan because although the stock exhaust is the same on both cars, the sedan has more room before the rear bumper to play with. Therefore you could use a more modest bend to achieve the same result.

Personally, I like looks but I am in it for performance and a center mounted exhaust will not perform as well on this car as a normal exhaust would, so when the time comes I will be going with a regular old exhaust. Its unfortunate because I think the center mounted exhaust idea plays well with the asymmetrical design of this car, but oh well.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:14 PM   #40
Nutzoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
I found out why this is so hard to do. It has to do with the limited amount of space under the liftback between the axle and the bumper. Basically, in order to do a center mounted exhaust you would have to put some bends in there that would be detrimental to overall performance and flow. It is actually easier to do on a sedan because although the stock exhaust is the same on both cars, the sedan has more room before the rear bumper to play with. Therefore you could use a more modest bend to achieve the same result.

Personally, I like looks but I am in it for performance and a center mounted exhaust will not perform as well on this car as a normal exhaust would, so when the time comes I will be going with a regular old exhaust. Its unfortunate because I think the center mounted exhaust idea plays well with the asymmetrical design of this car, but oh well.

Say it anit so boss...SAY IT AINT SO!

So my choice here is Style Vs. Performance?

Oh well... I guess I have a pretty hard choice ahead of me then!

Old 03-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #41
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Oh, its so. It was a sad day in my life when I saw this. Not many people get to look at a sedan and a liftback on a lift in the same day, but I did!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #42
Nutzoids

Damn it Chino! Thanks for Fucking up my Dream!

Well in that case screw that $100 Ignition light...

For $100 I would rather have the Center Consol Box!

Old 03-29-2007, 08:55 PM   #43
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
<--- still working on shipping... it may be thrown on a slow boat from China... er, or Thailand... whatever, but I CAN get super cheep shipping compared to what Thomas was talkin, but it may take 3-4 weeks once Thomas drops the package off
Old 03-29-2007, 08:57 PM   #44
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranggarn View Post
Ooooo... how do you know german O.o? How long have you lived in Thailand?
Ich spreche Deutsch
Old 03-29-2007, 09:56 PM   #45
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post

I got that one (along with all the other accessories I wanted) thrown in for free with mine. It's just a tip, not an actual exhaust though - see my garage for pics..
Old 03-30-2007, 06:08 AM   #46
kwb1959

Drives: 07 3D PW Man (PQ,KE)
Ignition Key Light 3050 THB = 94.4081 USD!! Would really like to have this light, but I agree that it seems expensive. But then again, arn't all electronic items expensive?
Old 03-30-2007, 08:56 AM   #47
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Well, these are just the retail prices, I'm pretty sure if I can prove to them that I'll be buying a lot, they can offer much better pricing. Wait and see!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 03-30-2007, 10:48 AM   #48
Nutzoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Well, these are just the retail prices, I'm pretty sure if I can prove to them that I'll be buying a lot, they can offer much better pricing. Wait and see!
Your the man now eTiMaGo... Make daddy proud!

Old 03-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #49
Ranggarn

Drives: Yaris 3Door YRX
Can you come and install the ignition key light for me please Thomas? = P
Old 03-30-2007, 07:34 PM   #50
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
For reference, japanparts.com has that ignition light for about $60 US plus shipping & surcharge.

I'd be interested in one if it were cheap enough.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:52 PM   #51
Black Yaris
der Zeck

will have offical shipping quote monday on 100 pound pallet shipped to Atlanta, GA from Bangkok, Thailand, then broken up and reshipped to US and Canada :)

so once we get this thing going... Thomas would you be willing to get each person's order packaged then placed on the pallet, for easy reshipping? We will throw ya some extra Baht for the local bordello :)
Old 04-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #52
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
And back on this topic, I just came back from the local dealership.

They can't offer much of a discount on official accessories, just 10% off the listed price. BUT, there is also an extra 7% for VAT on top of the listed/discounted price. And, even if I get 10 of a certain item, they will not offer a lower price, so group buys for a specific items are off.

Anyway, here is the revised pricing, converted to US dollars for your convenience, and with annotations:

Now please read the following! Very important!

These prices do NOT include shipping.

The best way to work out shipping would be to bunch up everybody's stuff into one 25kg DHL Jumbo box which I would then ship to one member in the US (and one in Australia/Europe if there is enough demand), and then that member would split the order and redistribute to the other members. Each of these Jumbo boxes cost about $200 to ship, so, the more items in these shipments, the cheaper the individual shipping would become.

The biggest item I think that should be sent by post would be the rear spoilers for HB and sedan. I'm quite sure I could wrap up 3-4 boxes together and send them as one package to be more cost-effective.

Many of the exterior items are offered either painted or unpainted. But, the painted color choices are limited to black, silver, dark silver (meteorite metallic basically).

So, now we just need to know, who's in, and what would you like?

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #53
Nutzoids

I'm in...

I have a Black Sand Pearl Liftback...

I will take the:

#1... Spoiler (painted)
#3... Center Consol

As long as there are enough People who are in!

Old 04-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #54
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

awesome!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Closed Thread