Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
NST Lite Crank Pulley

I have an appointment at a mechanic for Monday 9am to finally get the NST lite crank pulley I bought off tk-421 put on my Yaris. Looking forward to it and will post results.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
Aothachos
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Aothachos Send a message via Yahoo to Aothachos
You can do it yourself in about 30 minutes...I don't know jack about cars and installing parts....but I took the risk to save money, i just took the bumper off got a big wrench and took the old crank off, i think theres a DIY on here somewhere but get a torque wrench and tighten it to the required lb ft i think its called haha. But yes i did it myself, the only thing i didn't do myself is the water pump and altenator because I had stripped bolts that cost me about 80$ to install by a professional
Aothachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aothachos View Post
You can do it yourself in about 30 minutes...I don't know jack about cars and installing parts....but I took the risk to save money, i just took the bumper off got a big wrench and took the old crank off, i think theres a DIY on here somewhere but get a torque wrench and tighten it to the required lb ft i think its called haha. But yes i did it myself, the only thing i didn't do myself is the water pump and altenator because I had stripped bolts that cost me about 80$ to install by a professional
DIY is http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...nk-pulley.html

I can't do it myself at all, I would never attempt such a job myself as I know that I would be far out of my depth. Besides I don't have a trolley jack or a torque wrench.

$90 per hour labour to get this done is my best option. A real mechanic should be able to do it a lot quicker than me, besides the place i'm taking it to are tuners. They normally do up V8's, Turbos and race cars. They even do work for V8 Supercars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XxRgXI89fA Kinda like your NASCAR but they dont just go around an oval trap here.

Anyway, can't wait till Monday.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Old 02-05-2010, 02:05 AM   #4
*MAD DOG*

I'm sick and tired of people bashing NST's pulley's for water pump this and that and blah blah blah. Can we keep my thread on topic. This thread is meant to be about my install and how happy I'm going to be on Monday. I'm sick and tired of people bashing NST's pulley's for water pump this and that and blah blah blah.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:14 AM   #5
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
congrates you will love it
if you lived over here i would do it for you ,
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:17 AM   #6
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NZYaris1 View Post
congrates you will love it
if you lived over here i would do it for you ,
Thanks for the offer. But I love Melbourne, was born here and would never move interstate, let alone to another country. Christchurch is like Melbourne though.....

Old 02-05-2010, 02:31 AM   #7
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Hope you enjoy your new pulley, MAD DOG!

Last edited by tk-421; 02-06-2010 at 03:29 AM.
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:40 AM   #8
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
I have it and you will feel prob no diff lol. But you will see a +3whp gain tho.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
Aothachos
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Aothachos Send a message via Yahoo to Aothachos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I have it and you will feel prob no diff lol. But you will see a +3whp gain tho.
when i first installed it i felt a little difference truthfully, my car had more pickup
Aothachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:28 AM   #10
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Split the thread for you guys: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25639
Old 02-07-2010, 05:35 AM   #11
*MAD DOG*

11 hours and 38 minutes till install and counting :)

Old 02-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #12
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Nice, Maddog. You'll like it. I like mine.

OH, TOURING CARS!!!!!!! No way anything like NASCAR (boring imo). They need to put some road racing back on tv, be it SCCA, JGTC, what you posted, etc.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #13
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Nice, Maddog. You'll like it. I like mine.

OH, TOURING CARS!!!!!!! No way anything like NASCAR (boring imo). They need to put some road racing back on tv, be it SCCA, JGTC, what you posted, etc.
"Road Racing" is huge here and your either a Ford (FMC) or Holden (GMH) fan. Ford fans wear blue like the blue oval badge on a Ford and Holden fans wear red...... it goes faster.....

43 minutes till install and counting.......

Old 02-07-2010, 06:17 PM   #14
*MAD DOG*

Just had the NST CR Lite Crank pulley installed at a mechanic. They quoted me $90 labour an hour. They did the job in just under 30 minutes and charged me $45 woot.

First thing I noticed was when I put my foot on the gas pedal the car responded quicker and appeared to take off from a stop start faster and easier.

Then I drove around for a while with a big grin on my face and was very happy when a set of lights turned red (another chance for a take off test). I'm very happy with the NST product and would recommend it to anyone and everyone with a Yaris.

My wife has a 1.3 litre Yaris, I think the biggest gain would be on her engine. Maybe I’ll talk her into one of these and then get the 10% underdrive for myself.

NST FTW!

Old 02-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #15
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
That's great news ,
and yes tell your wife to do it , i have the NST 10% under drive, waterpump and alt pullies on my 1.3 and it made a big differance
even on the MPG
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #16
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Just had the NST CR Lite Crank pulley installed at a mechanic. They quoted me $90 labour an hour. They did the job in just under 30 minutes and charged me $45 woot.

First thing I noticed was when I put my foot on the gas pedal the car responded quicker and appeared to take off from a stop start faster and easier.

Then I drove around for a while with a big grin on my face and was very happy when a set of lights turned red (another chance for a take off test). I'm very happy with the NST product and would recommend it to anyone and everyone with a Yaris.

My wife has a 1.3 litre Yaris, I think the biggest gain would be on her engine. Maybe I’ll talk her into one of these and then get the 10% underdrive for myself.

NST FTW!
Glad you like your new addition. Please be sure to post your review in the official thread as well...
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4737

Thanks again.

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:26 AM   #17
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonStopTuning View Post
Glad you like your new addition. Please be sure to post your review in the official thread as well...
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4737

Thanks again.
Will do.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:59 AM   #18
*MAD DOG*

Quick Report:

Loving the results I get from the pulley. It's honestly like I have a new car again, the quicker response from the gas pedal has prompted me to clean the little red devil. Vac, wash, wax and windows cleaned.

I also noticed that the Air Con works better, maybe because there is less stress on the engine due to it having the lighter crank pulley.

This mod has probably saved me trading it in and getting the 2010 Yaris or a Mazda 2.

Thanks again NST!