Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
Papamoon
07 Black LB

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Your Laugh for the Day

Check out this Ebay Auction

I love the title of the auction. +20hp. I wonder if the inside of the intake is coated with nitrous or something....that'd be cool...
Papamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
hahaha thats funny. I hope it comes with a sticker because you can get 5 more horses out of it depending on where you place it.
nqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Some people have to be retarded enough to buy these because they have been on ebay for a while now. You can tell the photo is a photoshoped version of the TRD intake.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #4
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
Some people have to be retarded enough to buy these because they have been on ebay for a while now. You can tell the photo is a photoshoped version of the TRD intake.

not this one

anyways if the ending bid was less than $25 for a total of $55 is a good deal. sorry i'm not paying a shitload of money for a trd, aem or fujita, they are all the same.
the only thing is that is a "buy it now" auction so you wouldn't be able to bid on it.

and if chinocharles was to finish his and sell it for less than a $100 then that would be the way to go.
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
not a bad deal?

whats so laughable?

get outside the obvious BS marketing, and its a decent intake.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:32 PM   #6
Astroman
Modded Moderator

This one is:
I'm not saying you have to spend $200-$300 to get a decent intake. Just that when you post your intake on ebay showing it installed, don't photoshop someone elses intake. If I really cared about the name on the sticker, I would have bought the TRD. But I am waiting for Chino's intake, because it will be cheaper, and of great quality. Well, has anyone actually bought an intake from this seller? If they have please let us know what they think of it, and any pictures.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:03 PM   #7
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
This is actually a picture of my TRD intake,shown in my YarisOwners.com gallery,and ripped off again by elsteverino in another thread,my intake has been seen by alot of people,you gotta love that.
http://www.yarisowners.com/forums/in...album&album=20

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ght=trd+intake

[IMG][/IMG]
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #8
thewifesyaris

Drives: 2007 and 2008 MM Yari LBs
besides the questionable quality of the filter, and possibly grudgy welds, the intake isnt such a bad chose. when it comes down to it keep the pipe, and buy your own filter.

ive bought intakes like this on ebay before, they arent such a bad deal, corners are cut of coarse, but those are usualy just filter quality.
i had one for my brothers ep3 before he went turbo. it was a good sri, the filter was crap but that was okay because for the price i got him a nice k&m to go with it.

the only bad thing about it was the inside where they welded on the sensor piece. it was a bit gunked up and not smooth, but thats nothing a little dremmal cant fix.

unless the intake is made out of carbon fiber or a rare material they are all mostly overpriced any way. unless you by the trd with that bypass valve thing which im still not to certain on how it works.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #9
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I like that it says it is CARB legal, That will get some suckers to buy

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:31 AM   #10
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Under 100 bucks? How cheap are we? This thing is a joke... I double dog dare someone to buy it. I think that is the actual piece in that picture. That is definitely sized for our sensor. If so, that sensor is placed ridiculous. Its a real knee slapper.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:53 AM   #11
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Under 100 bucks? How cheap are we? This thing is a joke... I double dog dare someone to buy it. I think that is the actual piece in that picture. That is definitely sized for our sensor. If so, that sensor is placed ridiculous. Its a real knee slapper.
Oh Chino, you just jealous because yours won't pull 20 HP. And your right, I think that MAF sensor placement needs to be closer to the filter. This one looks more cheaply made than the $25 Matrix intakes on ebay.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:51 AM   #12
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Nah, the real joke for the day is something I saw in a magazine... A yaris engine bay with a bigass turbo in it... But on a second look, it was placed completely wrong, with the throttle attached to the intake part of the turbine, very confusing... and upon a closer look, do you know what the "turbo" actually was? Just a fancy housing for one of those gimmick vortex generator doodads... how lame...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #13
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
I cant beleive you guys dont find the fact they used my picture funny,what the fuck is up with that shit,can I do anything to the seller/company.
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #14
Slummy

Drives: Black LB
That is pretty crazy. I'm not sure but I dont think theres much you can do about it.
Slummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #15
Astroman
Modded Moderator

You could ask them to remove it, or you will pursue legal action. Worth a shot I suppose.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:11 PM   #16
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Yeah, if you didn't put a copyright or watermark or anything on it, I don't think there's much you can do, it'd be considered public domain

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:30 AM   #17
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersRedYaris View Post
Oh Chino, you just jealous because yours won't pull 20 HP.

spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote