Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-20-2007, 07:56 AM   #1
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
ZPI Exhaust

Does anyone have the ZPI exhaust on their LB or sedan, and do you like the sound? Deep and throaty or ricey??? Thanks for the help fellas. Thinking of getting one for my sedan since no one else makes one.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Few here with it on their LB's... wasnt the best fit, all needed to have changes made.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #3
slvryaris

I noticed on a post they said they had fixed the fitment issue in another thread. I was just wondering about the sound. I heard a clip of it, but was curious to hear from someone who had it on their car. I am looking for something deep. I could do something custom ut I wouldnt be guranteed what the sound would be.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Just remembered the sound clip from Ran's new Blitz... has to be THE deepest axle back Ive listened to. The tip still looks like it can shoot grapefruits, but the sound is really nice for a 4cylinder! No ricey fart can weedwacker sound..
Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #5
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
60 series flowmaster with your choice of tips will give you the deep throaty sound with out the excessive noise
Old 06-20-2007, 09:43 AM   #6
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Although a 60 series will be a bitch to fit under a LB, maybe the sedans net a little more room.. 5" X 10 " X 13" - 19 " Overall Length

Here's a sound clip for the 60 series.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/60_series.html
Old 06-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #7
MoeStylez

Drives: Yaris Sedan!
Send a message via AIM to MoeStylez Send a message via MSN to MoeStylez
does anyone know how the zpi exhaust is fitting on the sedan? does it still need mods to be installed or did they fix those problems. any feedback is cool
MoeStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #8
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
Although a 60 series will be a bitch to fit under a LB, maybe the sedans net a little more room.. 5" X 10 " X 13" - 19 " Overall Length

thinking about flippin it sideways for center mounted tips

parallel will be damn tight and a VERY short tip will have to be used
Old 06-20-2007, 01:03 PM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I've ordered a Tanabe Medallion Touring axle-back. When I get it, I'll have piping made to turn it into a catback -- best of both worlds!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:17 PM   #10
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I've ordered a Tanabe Medallion Touring axle-back. When I get it, I'll have piping made to turn it into a catback -- best of both worlds!
Why not just order a Tanabe muffler and have an exhust shop installe new pipe from the cat back? much more cost effective and don't have to deal with replaceing the choked down portioned on the Medallion axle back
Old 06-20-2007, 02:46 PM   #11
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
um, because I already ordered it?

actually, that's a really good idea.

but, I"m not going to sweat a couple horsepower here and there, this one is not a racer for me.

This one is: www.sciontcx.com (my other car)
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:37 PM   #12
YarisGuy

Drives: 2006 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeStylez View Post
does anyone know how the zpi exhaust is fitting on the sedan? does it still need mods to be installed or did they fix those problems. any feedback is cool
I think most of us could care less about their junk at this point. The members here who tried the first ones had all kinds of problems and got the run around. ZPI hasn't really been on the boards since then.

I'm going to be rockin BLITZ when I have some more funds
Old 06-20-2007, 03:47 PM   #13
slvryaris

Heres what they posted in a forum on 05-14-2007

03:02 PM #5
ZPIracing
YarisWorld Supporting Vendor

Drives: Scions

The fitment issues on our exhaust have been solved, it was an error in our fixture.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #14
slvryaris

I wish somone had access to both the LB and sedan so they could compare the axle back difference in the two exhausts. Thats why I stated that if a company is gonna make one for the lb I wold just go ahead and measure for the sedan also. The difference is probably just a need for longer piping, but its just money they are missing out on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post

Old 06-20-2007, 04:40 PM   #15
OxyG3nE

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Send a message via AIM to OxyG3nE Send a message via MSN to OxyG3nE
when i bought it they said the problem was fix but YEP ..... wasnt fix at all they didnt offer me to refund a little for the problem it cause to pay to go to a shop... they just didnt answer when i said it was not fiting.. they offer me they pulley 50 % rebate for the custom problem that THEY cause.. but thats it.. anyway feel free to try by yourshelf :P maybe problem will be solve i hope for you lol
OxyG3nE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #16
YarisGuy

Drives: 2006 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxyG3nE View Post
when i bought it they said the problem was fix but YEP ..... wasnt fix at all they didnt offer me to refund a little for the problem it cause to pay to go to a shop... they just didnt answer when i said it was not fiting.. they offer me they pulley 50 % rebate for the custom problem that THEY cause.. but thats it.. anyway feel free to try by yourshelf :P maybe problem will be solve i hope for you lol

So you bought a product that did not fit and you had to pay someone else to make it fit? And then when you told the original seller about your problem the seller told you to buy another one of their products before you could get some sort of rebate?

Yeah, that sounds fair to me
Old 06-20-2007, 05:58 PM   #17
OxyG3nE

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Send a message via AIM to OxyG3nE Send a message via MSN to OxyG3nE
when i told them about the fitment issue.. they didnt say anything about it.. the rebate on the pulley they offer me was the custom problem.. they didnt offer to refun at least what it cost me to make it fit at a exhaust shop.. also had problem contacting them when this happen.. i lost a lot of $$ with this exhaust ;p 220 us like 260 CA + 85 $ custom + fitting in a shop .... anywya its past now.. but like i said try it haha maybe its better now..
here is a sound clip i made..

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m...rent=Photo.flv

i forgot.. the end of the pipe was fold or bump i dont know the right word in english for this.. in the shipment or at the shop..

it was a piece of sh*t.. thats it lol
OxyG3nE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:29 AM   #18
slvryaris

Thanks for the heads up. I was just wondering if the sound was deep or if it was a ricey fart can. I am going to have them install it if I get one because I dont live to far away so if it doesnt fit then they have to make it fit. I was just wondering if it was a deep sound or if it was ricey...