Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2007, 04:40 AM   #19
kwiken

Drives: turbo vios 1NZ-FE
licence

Here in Thailand you have to have a race licence to race in any motor sport but from personal experience 20 yrs ago it was not a big problem to get temporary race licences until you got a full one which in some sports is an international equivelant.They would rather have competitors on track than off as all motor sport is a business so are often more lax than other countries.But you have to have a licence.
kwiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:03 AM   #20
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
i was looking into spec neon here for a few... but realistically the costs are just way out there. Tires, fluids, towing, repairs, entry fees, travel expenses... adds up very fast... and this is with a car thats relatively cheap to obtain, prepare, and maintain. And what if I wreck it?

Make sure you look over all the costs and risks associated.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:46 AM   #21
kwiken

Drives: turbo vios 1NZ-FE
If you can't come up with a few sponsors I would'nt recomend racing anything.The guys with the money are usually up front and costs just go up and up every time so its really hard to compete unless well off.You must believe that in a controlled one make race proffessional cheating does occur.Its a case really of everything is done to get a win and not get caught.People use lawers to find out how to bend rule book rules.I'm not trying to be a downer but its no fun driving at the back of the pack and if you do'nt get up near the front and be competitive most people do'nt last a season.Get some sponsors first then go for it is the only way.You could be suprised at how slow some really good drivers without the money can be compared to a medioca overweight one with a well sorted car.To be a winner you need sponsors and lots of track time even in a one make race.
kwiken is offline   Reply With Quote